Sign in to follow this  
maxter

Aerosoft Twin Otter released... heads up

Guest UlfB

>>Hey Chris,>>Don't mean to put a damper on your post but wouldn't it be>>more informative if you would download the Otter, fly it,>and>>then give us a heads up. Being first to spot it is really>not>>of much help. >>Gary >> :-term >>Wow, now that was even less informative than my original post,>by your measure... :-roll :-roll:-roll :-roll>>Maybe some others found it a tad more informative... Sorry for>not being much help.>>Cheers,>>Chris Porter>:-outta>>Perth>Western Australia>Keep the heads ups coming, Chris :-) I appreciate heads ups on new FSX add ons that still haven't reached the avsim news.Ulf B

>Hey Chris,>Don't mean to put a damper on your post but wouldn't it be>more informative if you would download the Otter, fly it, and>then give us a heads up. Being first to spot it is really not>of much help. >Gary > :-term At least his post had merit in alerting the community to the release.And the merit in your post is?

Matthew S

Guest Pilot533

Thanks for letting us know Chris. I think Im going to buy the twotter also, before I do can anyone comment on the systems simulation? What about the turboprop effects, Its not easy to simulate a turboprop in fs, since the sdk does a horrible job of simulating the correct dynamics for a turboprop engine, but does this addon circumvent that problem?

Is the nose modeled where it can be viewed from the VC? It's a rather long nose and it wouldn't seem realistic if not seen from that perspective. Curt

Guest Pilot533

Nope, I just read on the forum the reason was to save fps(of course) and because on the real otter the pilot doesnt see the nose in his seat, whether or not thats true I dont know. Can anyone comment on the systems and turbopro fidelity?

>>Too bad. I won't buy from them again because they>>triplecharged me for an $89 order a few months back, caused>my>>credit card to get maxed out which cost me a $50 overage>fee.>>I asked them to pay it and they refused so I refuse to do>>business with them again. Looks like a great product but I>>will never know.>>Your max credit card limit is less than $267 ??He could have put a BMW 325 on his card the day before. Ever thought of that?

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest UlfB

>He could have put a BMW 325 on his card the day before. Ever>thought of that?No, it was a 7 series and they double charged him ;-)Sorry, I just couldn't resist that. The easiest way to be charged more than once is to click several times on the confirm order button, despite all warnings to only click once. Anybody tried to click more than once and see if your account got charged more than once?Ulf B

>Nope, I just read on the forum the reason was to save fps(of>course) and because on the real otter the pilot doesnt see the>nose in his seat, whether or not thats true I dont know. Can>anyone comment on the systems and turbopro fidelity?Hi Mike,It's a great visual model and the systems are pretty much on par with what the FS engine can deliver these days. The only other TP that I use regularly is the DA Cheyenne which I feel has superior fidelity. Not ever having flown a TP IRL, my views are pretty uninformed.The bottom line is that Aerosoft has put together a good looking sound product with a few small quirks that will be sorted in the first SP I hear. For me it's a keeper, especially carting around a bit of cargo in FSEconomy.Cheers and all the best.Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Just needs a few good ole dirty paint schemes - they're all just off the production line i think:-lol

Funny, I was thinking exactly the same :-)Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Just got it, looks awesome !!!BUT I can't start the bloody engines !!!I'm not new to this but I honestly can't figure this out and I know it's something simple.Followed the checklist....Battery ON Fuel Pumps ON Props FULL FORWARD Throttle OPEN Engage Starter and Fuel Lever ON.....but she just winds up and never turns over.What the heck am I missing here ???cheersGreghttp://www.fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

OK...if you EVER have a problem simply post on Avsim because as SOON as you do you will go and figure it out YOURSELF !!! :-)Figured out how to move the Fuel Selector switch for the correct tanks so all is well now.cheersgreghttp://www.fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Sorry, just came across your post... Had that problem too until Mathjis passed on the secret of using the mouse wheel :-)Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

I must retract what what I wrote above regarding the Aerosoft 90b GPS. After 'playing around' with the Aerosoft version, it is actually 'heads above' the Friendly Panel version after you get to understand its operation. Really nice job here.All in all, I've taken a few flights in this aircraft and it really is well done, and frame rate friendly to boot.Highly recommended.