Sign in to follow this  
maxter

Aerosoft Twin Otter released... heads up

>Your max credit card limit is less than $267 ??I'm in tears and biting my tounge. :-lol

Yep! Me too!Thanks for the screenie :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

>Your max credit card limit is less than $267 ??:-lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

>Has anyone been able to cut an engine and feather the prop-I>haven't had any success yet?Geoff,No problems here on my end. Have you not been able to cut an engine or feather the props..or both?

I would take it that his credit limit was within $260 of being maxed out-being triple charged put him over the limit..I would expect that explaining that to the credit company would cause the credit company to refund the $50 overage charge-if they don't I'd be switching to a different company.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest Stoopy

>I would take it that his credit limit was within $260 of>being maxed out-being triple charged put him over the limit..>>I would expect that explaining that to the credit company>would cause the credit company to refund the $50 overage>charge-if they don't I'd be switching to a different company.Fully agreed and I don't mean to poke fun at anyone's financial woes but am just gently trying to point out, maybe with some tongue in cheek, that it can't be Aerosoft's fault that someone's credit card was near maxed-out to begin with before the order was placed....although it's quite easy enough to read that logic between the lines anyway.....

Guest j0nx

It purposely has a low limit because it's the card I use to make online purchases with. Geofa is correct that it was about $250 from being maxed before it was paid off for the month and the cycle began again. The point of the matter is not the limit of the card, but that they triplecharged me (accidentally I'm sure) which caused my card to go over that limit. When I politely contacted them about it they were not willing to own up to their mistake and manage the situation. They have lost me as a customer and I can promise you in the future that they will ultimately lose much more than the $50 it would have cost for them to take care of their own mistake. It may be petty but $50 is $50 and I do not take kindly to having to pay for someone else's mistake and getting the brush off afterwards. Enjoy the otter as I'm sure it is excellent like most of their other products are. :)

If you contact the credit card company-show them the triple charge and explain the mistake they should remove that $50 charge.Back a long way back I ordered a brand new 286 66 mgz computer for at the time about 3 grand. It was supposed to come with all kinds of software. It didn't-the company shipped the computer but went out of business a day later. I called my credit company-they refunded the purchase and I got to keep the computer.Again-if your credit card will not refund I'd be mad at them. Mistakes happen, but good credit card companies will take care of problems usually promtly.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Hey Chris,Don't mean to put a damper on your post but wouldn't it be more informative if you would download the Otter, fly it, and then give us a heads up. Being first to spot it is really not of much help. Gary :-term

I'm quite familiar with the Bendix 90b GPS, as I've been using the Friendly Panel version in some of my aircraft for a while. After playing with the Aerosoft version this evening, I prefer the Friendly Panel version, and swapped it out. I also prefer the Friendly Panel Bendix NAV/COM radios, but swapping them out is not quite as clean, as the modeled knobs make things a bit tough to accomplish.Although it seems many designers are moving towards modeled knobs on their VC panels, I sure wish they would provide some latitude in allowing third party radios and gauges to be used if desired by the user. Perhaps providing an alternative model whithout these knobs (especially for the GPS/NAV/COM units). Iris Simulations finally did this to allow their fairly limited GPS to be swapped by purchasers in the Texan.Overall this aircraft seems to be very nice indeed, but I do wish the VC panels were better designed in terms of use/ergonomics, such as providing 'spot click' to allow zooming of gauges like the radio stack and AP, as these gauges are a bit hard to see from the typical VC cockpit view, even with TrackIR. Speaking of the AP, sure seems a bit odd they would decide to use the default Maule AP.These are issues that can be modified to make better, to some limited extent (because of the issues raised above), but for aircraft the cost of the 'Twotter' I would expect a bit more attention to this type of detail.Regardless, me thinks I will have some fun with this aircraft.

>Hey Chris,>Don't mean to put a damper on your post but wouldn't it be>more informative if you would download the Otter, fly it, and>then give us a heads up. Being first to spot it is really not>of much help. >Gary > :-term Wow, now that was even less informative than my original post, by your measure... :-roll :-roll:-roll :-rollMaybe some others found it a tad more informative... Sorry for not being much help.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Guest JIMJAM

Per Gary Canuck"Don't mean to put a damper on your post but wouldn't it be more informative if you would download the Otter, fly it, and then give us a heads up. Being first to spot it is really not of much help."I have been waiting for the Aerosoft Otter for a LONG time and I THANK :-jumpy the poster for spotting it and taking his TIME to let us know.Ive check Avsim everyday and have caught many of officially unannounced releases,patches ect.Why dont YOU get off your butt,buy the plane and review it.You seem to have plenty of TIME TO DO absouloutly NOTHING.

>Is the kln a fully functioning unit or just the default fs>gps with an overlay?Something between the two, IMHO. It's not a simple overlay to the default GPS, but then it's not a truly standalone unit, like KLN90B from Project Tupolev 154.You need to enter your route using default FS flight planner as it works with the default FS nav database, AFAIK. Not flexible enough to be used during online flights into busy airspace i'm afraid :-/

Regards,

Radek