Sign in to follow this  
cklink

Modified aircraft cfg

Guest cseidel

I was on a sight a few months ago that had modified aircraft cfg, files for some of the FSX default aircraft. I thought I bookmarked this sight but I can't find it. Does anyone have a link to this sight.ThanksXP Home, Core 2 Duo E6600 OCed to 3.0 GHZ, 7950 GT 500MB, 300GBsata Hd,2 GB Crucial 6400 DDR2, FSX w/SP1Chuck

Guest cseidel

Thanks Garett that is the sight I was looking for. Do you find his files to be superior to thr default files ???ThanksXP Home, Core 2 Duo E6600 OCed to 3.0 GHZ, 7950 GT 500MB, 300GB sata Hd,2 GB Crucial 6400 DDR2, FSX w/SP1Chuck

Sorry for jumping in, but yes, IMHO these files are a significant improvement !Just wish he would also release an improved air-file for the Baron which is too twitchy, especially in the pitch axis.. but since Alexander worked on the Dreamfleet Baron, there may be a copyright issue..

Bert

Guest cseidel

Yea Bert I was hoping for the same thing. I see Nink N always flys the Baron. Maybe he can tell us what he did so that the Baron isn't so jumpy.XP Home, Core 2 Duo E6600 OCed to 3.0 GHZ, 7950 GT 500MB, 300GBsata Hd,2 GB Crucial 6400 DDR2, FSX w/SP1Chuck

Here's what I'm using (modified) for the Baron.Under (flight_tuning)cruise_lift_scalar = 1.0parasite_drag_scalar = 1.0induced_drag_scalar = 1.0elevator_effectiveness = 0.6aileron_effectiveness = 0.8rudder_effectiveness = 1.0pitch_stability = 2.75roll_stability = 1.5yaw_stability = 1.25elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.0aileron_trim_effectiveness = 1.0rudder_trim_effectiveness = 1.0I got this from somewhere, just can't remember where ... I did have the DF58 going in FSX RTM (subbed gauges) but it's a no-go at all with SP2. I think I tweaked this a bit to try and match the DF58 by switching from one to the other. Give it a try if you want.I don't use the default 58 much, as I'm holding out for Dreamfleet's redo. For the light stuff, I'm mainly using the DA Cheyenne, AS Beaver, FSD Porter and my new fav - the AS Twotter ;)Regards'Garett