Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

Falcon 50 in FSX

Hello,I have the wonderful Dassault Falcon 50 by Lavigne/Banting/Young installed on my copy of FS9.I would like to install it on FSX. Is this possible? The FS9 installation was initiated by a self-install file (install-falcon50.exe), downloaded here at AVSIM.Any help would be appreciated.Joe Long

Sorry to bring you bad news Joe, but the Falcon won't work in FSX.The last update for that old bird was FS2002 and the gauges are totally incompatible, among other things.Fred

I believe the latest update was for FS9, but Fred is right in that the gauges are still of the old type which will not work in FSX. A search on either this site of FlightSim should produce a thread referencing the French web site. Everything on the site will be in French, but the Post will direct you to the latest download location on the home page.Me Too on missing this bird for FSX. It is one of my favorites. Between the Gulfstrea V, Falcon 50, and Eaglesoft Citation X, it is always hard to make a decision as to which to select assuming that payload and range criteria is equal. The Gulfstream and Citation fortunately do work well in FSX.Respectfully:RTH

Guest PPSFA

ahh at the risk of sounding like an idiot, where did you find a G-V for FSX? I've looked everywhere for one!TIA

Hello TIA:There is nothing wrong with your question at all that would make you sound like an idiot. Now my answer quite often is another case.It has been so long ago that I don't remember the source, but if you want the original default downloads, AVSIM and/or FlightSim would be good sites with which to start. IMHO the best Gulfstream is from LinderDesigns by Peter Brun, which go back to 2004. When you search the libraries, search FS2004, or possibly even FS2002. The Zip files I show for this are as follows:ldgv1.2.zip (Dated 11-23-04)gulfstream-v.zip (Dated 11-23-04 as a partial from AvSim)gulfstream-v-updated.zip (Dated 12-20-04)I do also show an updated aircraft.cfg file (Dated 12-20-04)The Dating is the last date that I downloaded and/or installed, NOT the dates of the uploads to the sites.My preferred panel is gulfst04.zip which I have modified to my own liking, but unfortunately the old gauges are not compatible with FSX. A modified LearJet panel to my liking replaces it for FSX.Mike Stone also has an offering for the Gulfstream V, and there are others. You may have to go back to fS2002 sections to find some of them, but some do fly well in the latest versions. The LinderDesign has been updated at least to FS9 which flies fine in FSX as well.If you are interested, I would be happy to email you zipped files of what I have installed, and it is one of my favorites. The bird flys beautifully in both FS9 and FSX, although I had to go to the modified LearJet panel in FSX due to the non compatible old gauges in my preferred panel. Let me know if you use both FS9 and FSX if you are interested and I will include both panels and aircraft.cfg files.My email address is rthodgestoo@verizon.netGood luck:RTH

The biggest problem with Gulfstream aircraft for FS is the Gulfstream Corporation.Several of the best payware designers have tried to get permission from Gulfstream to build FS versions of their aircraft - and Gulfstream is completely and totally against the concept.

Hello Reggie:As always, it is good to hear your comments, and I could not agree with you more.I do however still enjoy the LinderDesign contribution from long ago, although I do miss my FS9 panel in FSX.Wouldn't it be great if the powers that be would let one of the best developers have that permission to replicate a virtual V5 with all the bells and whistles for FlightSim purposes. I don't quite understand the logic in their clandestine attitude toward the FlightSim community, particularly when some members might even have some slight influence to their advantage in the real world.Happy flying:RTH

>Sorry to bring you bad news Joe, but the Falcon won't work in>FSX.>The last update for that old bird was FS2002 and the gauges>are totally incompatible, among other things.>>Fred>Hi Fred. You are right. The old gauges don't work. I installed it in FSX and converted most of the gauges to FSX acceptable types. I have a 2d and a VC panel working pretty well. The plane seems sluggish on the runway during T/O. I don't know why. It flies well. I still have to work on the overhead panel. Here are two screenshots. Regards, Bob.

Good Morning Bob:I know I am being lazy here, but if you don't mind would you be willing to send me your panel.cfg file with the replacement gauges. If any of the gauges are from outside sources, please also include them or at least your source for acquiring them. I sure would appreciate it.I found this bird to be just a little sluggish for climbout in FS9 as well, but still certainly flyable and a joy to fly. Of course if one wants to cheat just a little bit, the power curve can be increased just a bit in the aircraft.cfg.[jet_engine]thrust_scalar = 1.0My email address is rthodgestoo@verizon.netRespectfully:RTH

Hi RTH. I am not sure if it's OK to distribute the modified panel. I did it for myself. Most of the gauges are non-stock. I'll be away for 3 days and will look into it when I return (Probably this weekend). I also modified the BMP's. Best regards, Bob.

NEWS UPDATE : The Dassault Falcon 50 made by Yannick Lavigne, Rob Young and Fred Banting still looks very good in FSX. With a little team of dedicated simmers we made the FSX conversion recently and it was published just in time for X-Mas at Aquitaine Simulation (in the "Téléchargements" section). This is the 1976 version of the Falcon 50, complete with analog gauges and ash-tray for pilot and copilot... And remember, it's a port-over, so no DX10 texture, no bumps map, no FSX SDK 3d model, etc... But the VC is quite nice, wonderful actually, the passenger area is included too, the plane is very easy on FPS, flight dynamics are pretty good, overall Lavigne, Banting and Young made an outstanding job back then. And the trijet layout is so exotic...Enjoy! Happy new year...Swiss_Falcon_50_FSX_8.2010123015555.jpgSwiss_Falcon_50_FSX_4.20101228155146.jpg"FSX Panel conversion made by Ludovic "vonstroheim" with Eric Dantès for the FS9 version, André "esmdu" for the virtual cockpit fix, Philippe Wallaert for the new xml gauges, and Don "fxsttcb" Bodenstedt for the overhead panel and avionics expertise. Conversion made with the authorization of all original creators."

@Vonstroheim:Thanks for that link. I have downloaded it. Thank you also, to the group that converted it. They did an very good job.

The VC still looks very brilliant, albeit now with different gauges, just like how it looked back when Yannick and co. released it back in 2002!Dave.