Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stoopy

neoqb Fokker download...

Just wanted to give a shout out to neoqb for such a great plane.I recently built a new system and didn't save the setup file for the Fokker, and I have been trying for 2 or 3 days now to download it on my cable internet connection... it always either comes up corrupted and/or gets interrupted because it takes so long to download. Is there any way you guys can upload it to avsim or if someone can email me a copy of the file or something (if that would be allowed)? It's taking forever to get this due to how slow the download is, and it keeps coming out corrupted. Let me know if anyone can help. Thanks.

Guest Stoopy

Have you tried posting this question on their forum? I'm sure they'd like the shout-out part, it's truly an excellent work of art....I took the liberty of directing 'em here to see your post if that's cool.http://www.gennadich.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149615#149615I got a timeout on the first attempt but on the second try later that day it downloaded just fine...much to my family's chagrin I can't stop flying it and things haven't been the same since! :)(images provided as relevant material to support the O/P's subject matter and claim that it's a dang fine freeware download....and it is!)http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/Sto...ht/923793d2.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/Sto...mFlight2_17.jpg

I finally got it downloaded... good to have it back in my hangar!Did you do those pics on a multiplayer session? They look great!

Guest Stoopy

Glad you got it working!Thanks, and the pics were not done in multiplayer, but rather with Matthias Neusinger's excellent (freeware) FS-Recorder tool for FSX. Basically you use it to record a full flight from point A to point B, and it saves the data (not video, but flight data, so the files are small) and you can then chose to "replay" that flight data when you're done recording and back on the ground at Point A. It makes a second airplane appear (like an AI version of your plane) but that plane flies exactly the same pattern and maneuvers and position as when you flew it and recorded it. It'll take off.....and if you record yourself again, and replay both files afterwards, you'll have two planes next time you start the same flight. Lather, rinse, repeat, and you can keep adding aircraft recordings to make formation flights where you're basically flying as your own wingmen. Then the cool thing is you can replay all the flights together when you're done (4 recordings making one formation flight in the above example) and then just change the time of day, weather conditions, etc to suit your pictorial taste. Cruise around the different views and take your screenies or video clips. Or just enjoy the show. Takes some practice but you can do lots of neat things, formation aerobatics, etc. You can mix and match different planes and such as well, for dogfight scenes, whatever. Quite challenging and you'll be amazed at what you can pull off (and the hours of enjoyment you'll get)!You can visit Matthias' FS-Recorder website at http://www.fs-recorder.net/(and hey I just noticed he added a link to a tutorial I wrote under the "Links" section of his website...nice guy that he is...which may explain all the above a bit better with some pics....have fun!