Sign in to follow this  
jvile

Kai Tak

I have confirmed that Vista 64 and TTools are compatible and any Vista 64 OS will compile the 3 .txt files into a bgl. AIFPC is another issue.AC# is a reference number between the aircraft.txt and the FP.txt so FS knows which airplane to call for what Flightplan. Many like myself make up our own list of AC# numbers. I use group sets of numbers for type plane and size. Some examplesAC#2000 and up AirbusAC#5000 and up ATR'sAC#8000 and up BoeingAC#31000 and up McDonnell-Douglas/BoeingAC#39000 and up Saabuse something logical or use what WOAI or PAI use.

Guest JacobKoziarz

I have just confirmed that too. I could swear that I came across a couple of your posts on one of the many flight sim forums where you have indicated that TTools and AIFPC do not work on Vista 64 bit - now I'm not sure as I am so confused !!! I know AIFPC does not work - TTools do after all - man - do I feel stupid !!! Why then there's no AC# in the aircraft.cfg file - I would think - once created it would receive one for all the flight plans to use ???

Guest JacobKoziarz

I have a whole bunch of WOA AI complete packages installed with their own flight plans of course - so when I link new AC# (let's say I use AC#10000) to the title component in the aircraft.cfg in the new flight plans - how do I ensure that new flight plans do not conflict with the already installed flight plans that already use that aircraft (name) - as in: both flight plans happen by chance to schedule the same plane to fly exactly the same flight ? Bear with me please - I'm trying to understand this...

I also am still confused over trying to put Jet AI traffic at KAI TAK,so am watching this thread with great interest......Lou

JacobMy Kai Tak FP's are not a duplicate of any FP's available from anyone. The FP's are a representation of what was flying into Kai Tak back in 1998.AC# with a different aircraft.cfg name can be used over and over again as long as they are in sepearte compiled bgl's.Example, WOAI may have a AC#1002 B747-400 NWA and a FP that goes to VHHH airport.You can have a AC#1002 Airbus A320-200 UAL that goes to Kai Tak also and it will not conflict as long as they are in 2 seperate compiled TTool bgl's.The rule of the thumb is stay with the WOAI AC# number system (your majority) but for your special User added FP's make up a set of AC# numbers that have not been used. You could also use my AC# numbers and just change the Aircraft title to match what is in your Aircraft.cfg.

Guest JacobKoziarz

Thank you - this explains a lot.So what would happen if I had a duplicated identical flight with same AC# and same B747-400 NWA in two different bgls ? How would FSX respond ?

The flight is a duplicate but coming from 2 different source compiled bgl's. One FP would have to be removed from one of the compiled bgl's.

>Read this one - great info on AI:>>http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthrea...t=160804&page=4>>Hi,Jacob....I started that thread and with Jim,s help (and others) I now have lots of AI....except at Jim,s Kai Tak....Have GA,but no airline (jet)...No matter what I do or how many times I do it, I still can,t get the 3rd party AI to work....Hate to ask Jim for more help as he helped me so much in the other thread...So been watching...Lou

Turn off Aircraft cast shadows and see if the AI Planes show.I have some non-compliant SP2 code in Kai Tak for the SP1a users that I am updating to SP2.

Hi,The rules are:1. In a single aircraft.txt file you cannot have more than one given AC#.2. In multiple aircraft.txt files you can duplicate the AC#'s from other aircraft.txt files as much as you want. I have dozens of files that all use AC#1 for different aircraft. This AC# thing is only for TTools - after the files are compiled FS will never see them, only the title= line of the cfg files.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest JacobKoziarz

Thank you Jim and the rest of you for sharing your knowledge and experience !!!I finally got the traffic !!! I feel like a kid in Toys'r'us locked up overnight - hahahah !!!Lou - if you're still struggling:Follow Jim's directions and install all your 3rd party traffic to default scenery/world/scenery folder. Deactivate the default FSX traffic bgl, add the VHHX GA bgl and FSX GA bgl provided by Jim in his Kai Tak pack, and then take a shortcut for now and just rename aircraft names in aircraft file, leave AC# as provided by Jim, just grab names from aircraft.cfg of your added AI (MATCH models only) and compile.I know this is a huge shortcut - you will not get the true representation of Jim's Kai Tak traffic - but if you just want to see the traffic at Kai Tak - do this and you're done !!! Of course - I will now proceed to getting all the aircraft/airline models required by Jim's files.

Guest JacobKoziarz

BTW - setting winds as Jim instructs - does work !!! I just followed British Airways 747 on Rwy 13 approach - what a view !!!Jim - what's the address ? I'm sending you a case of your favourite beverage !!!

Well,For some reason,I,m just not getting something right....As I said ,I have AI both GA and JET working everywhere else as per the other thread....I have GA at Kai Tak...I dont quite understand completely the Jet files....Here is what I did...First,I looked at Jim,s fp,s and where he has a B747 Cathay airliner AC#8322 (as an example), I then created within my AI folder (in Simobjects) a folder named "VHHX" and then within that foder I put the ac numbers such as AC#8322...Then I copied and pasted the "model","texture","aircraft.cfg","soundai",and ".air" files from a WOAI Cathay Pacific folder into the AC#8322 folder..So I have each AC number with it,s own set of plane files....Is there any changes to the "aircraft.cfg" that need to be made???..I then compiled the 3 .txt files into the Taffic .bgl file using AIFPC in ttools mode(fs9)and installed into sceneryworld/scenery with all the other FP,s...I turned off the airplane cast shadows, but still no luck.....I deeply appreciate any help in getting this to work......PS: I did not use an AC# for every plane in the FP...Just those with alot of flights...problem??....Thanks

Guest JacobKoziarz

Wow - you went overboard with the instructions - no worries... the only thing you have to modify is aircraft VHHX JET txt file...Remove everything that you installed so far so we can start clean.1. I install all the AIs to SimObject folder - no need to install into a separate AI folder (but if it works just fine - leave all as they are - you say you have AI everywhere else).2. I assume you installed VHHX scenery correctly and you do have the actual airport with the lead in lights etc. ?3. Open Jim's aircraft VHHX Jet.txt file, keep the AC# same, only thing we'll replace are names of aircraft. To do that - just hunt for the right models thru your AI aircraft.cfg files: ex. AI folder WOA 744 GE for example will have aircraft.cfg file in it for 747-400. Scroll to the bottom of cfg file and find sections containing aircraft names (ex. WOA 747-400 KLM) - copy that and paste that over Jim's Boeing 747-400 Asiana in the aircraft VHHX Jet.txt file. Do this for all AC# lines (do not change anything else) - keep everything else the same (make sure you keep "" around aircraft names). Don't worry about the airlines or repaints etc. for now - you can do that once you learn the AI/flight plans installation process.If you have enough AI installed - you'll have no problems finding different repaints of 747-400 or A340-300 etc. as most aircraft.cfg contain more than one flightsim.x sections with separate aircraft names in them. Try to find unique 747-400 names - or you'll end up with same 747-400 repaint for every 747-400 Jim listed.Of course - if you already have all the models that Jim listed - then of course keep the right models/airlines/textures - just make sure that you grab the names of aircraft from your own aircraft.cfg files.4. Copy 3 flight plan files (with of course your modified aircraft jet vhhx.txt) over to a TTools.exe directory. Start TTools - compile the 3 files - this will create a bgl file in that directory - copy that bgl over to scenery/world/scenery where you have renamed aircraftTraffic.bgl to aircraftTraffic.bgl.xxx and copied the FSX GA and FSX VHHX GA files.STart FSX - you should have the planes.That's all you have to do.If you still have problems - post away...