Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zelensta

Do GEX and FEX improve your fps?

Guest Zelensta

I heard GEX does, but i haven't heard anything about FEX...

I have both and feel that they not only improved the look, they improved fps but more importantly smoothness.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi,You may also want to look into Real Environment Extreme. Not released yet but looks very impressive.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest Nick_N

Yes, GEX does as long as the machine is in proper working order and is set up correctly.There is no such thing as a miracle product that magically fixes FSX. Anthony at GEX has optimized the autogen layouts so the massive performance hit default makes is greatly reduced.Also, with GEXnHanced the new textures have undergone a process whereby they will appear sharper and as many of my tests have shown, assist in keeping the view clearer for the user. The flat textures also take on the appearance of having depth and from as low as 1500-2000ft will give the illusion of being autogen in nature instead of flat textures. I have also enhanced them to respond to light and weather dynamically. Winters are now full of color with snow that appears to have depth... no more black holesYou can review screenshots of the up-coming release (in days if all goes well) from links within this threadhttp://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=24742Nights are totally awesome.. Its a entire new GEX and FSX experienceFEX does as well... use the DXT options for the texture installs instead of 32bit with very little loss. @ 1024x1024 xDXT5 the hit on performance is significantly reduced and the textures are top notch.. large update coming for FEX soon from what I understand as well

Guest PPSFA

>I heard GEX does, but i haven't heard anything about FEX...get both, you wont regret it.

GEX FEX???

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

Guest Nick_N

GEX = Ground Environment X - complete replacement textures, right now for North America with Europe and other sectors to follow. The original textures were just reprocessed for a massive upgrade in details, quality, depth perception and color rendering. The new textures will respond to light and weather much better and hard winter and nights will take on an entire new look. FEX = Flight Environment X - complete sky, cloud, water replacement package with a dynamic interface for designing your own. Soon to be released weather engine coming which is said to enable dynamic features in shadows, etcX stands for FSX

>don't forget about Flight Terrain Experience.That looks VERY good...! I've never ever flown in Australia, but this addon might make me do so!

Guest Zelensta

>Hi,>>You may also want to look into Real Environment Extreme. Not>released yet but looks very impressive.That looks ridiculousy amazing! Thanks for the tip!

Guest Stephen L

>>Hi,>>>>You may also want to look into Real Environment Extreme. Not>>released yet but looks very impressive.>>That looks ridiculousy amazing! Thanks for the tip!It really does look amazing! There is a post at Flight Sim World with development screenshots. If you go to this link and scroll to the bottom, you will be amazed further. http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index...c=129098&st=820Wow, just wow. Seems to be using GEX also with the shots.Steve

Guest bill0317a

Steve I agree - just WOW!!!I am extremely impressed with what they are doing over there at REX.I can't wait until they get it released though.As far as FEX, I understand they are going to release a new major update soon. But I don't have much info on it. I want to see some screenies, I want to see the cloud shadows they taked about.

Guest PPSFA

Just gotta love the way some have a need to hijack a thread