Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

Computer Desk Capable of Multiple Computers?

Guest Knikolaes

I keep seeing everywhere desks that are capable of multiple monitors, but what if you have two full rigs? One for flight simulation and one to surf the net on? My biggest issue is placement of keyboards.Does anyone know of any manufacturer that makes desks that have something for multiple KEYBOARD setups too?

You could use a KVM switch and use one monitor, mouse and keyboard for 2 or more computers, I do this and it works fine.

Guest Knikolaes

Tjhat's what my roommate is suggesting as well. But my question is -- long flight -- you decide to surf the net, etc. and switch the keyboard over. ATC comes on and needs a reply and/or an in-flight emergency comes up. okay so ATC in FS is more patient, but if alarms start going off, how fast is the switch? Would i be able to react, etc. with one keyboard? Or multitask?I also play a game called Guild Wars -- probably no one in this end of the circuit has heard of it, but i like to control my character on one computer while looking up information on the map or mission on another computer. it's multiplayer so i am also chatting with people at the same time as looking stuff up on the other machine. Trying to keep that ability, but just don't have the space on my desk for a second keyboard.I would have though a flight simmer or gamer out there would have put such a capable desk surface on the market . . . .

Guest christianholmes

Just use the KVM for the keyboard and mouse. You don't HAVE to use only 1 monitor.

Guest Knikolaes

Aaaah okay so I can use a KVM for keyboard only and have two mice and two monitors active. That helps a lot.Thank you.Chris

>I keep seeing everywhere desks that are capable of multiple>monitors, but what if you have two full rigs? One for flight>simulation and one to surf the net on? My biggest issue is>placement of keyboards.>>Does anyone know of any manufacturer that makes desks that>have something for multiple KEYBOARD setups too?try using synergy software, one keyboard, one mouse for all your computers. And it's freeee.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Guest Knikolaes

Took a look at it. nice desk.Since the posting of this thread i started blueprinting plans to just create a desk of my own, with a two-keyboard pull-out that will fit nicely below my yoke and a stack-rack that will hold both CPUs vertically on the end.Many thanks for the answer. KVM is still being considered for just the purpose of keyboard. My roommate apparently uses a KVM so he's working with me on hooking one up to my setup once i get the new CPU in 2 weeks.

Guest Knikolaes

Many thanks. I'll research that. I kept seeing references to Synergy in search engines. Sounds logical -- and free is always good.