Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

quick question about FSG V2 mesh

I bought V1 and then had to pay another 10 bucks to get the finished product. I'm not happy about the way that worked out but anyway...Have you seen any of the version 2 areas?Did Justin manage to satisfactorily do away with the cliffs and pits?are the cliff/pit walls just moved further away from the airports or is it smoothed out so that you dont notice?I dont have the mesh installed right now and my download speed is quite slow so I'd appreciate any answers you can give me. I'm willing to pay yet another 10 bucks if its worth it.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Guest acolvard

I have used it and it makes a big differnece. I fly mostly the california coast area and from what I have seen the cliffs are gone. Also, it should be a free download if you own the FSX version.

Guest TheSidewinder

The two areas that have been released so far, do fix the problem. The new V2 coverage area, so far, is only the extreme Pacific Northwest. KSEA is one airport in that area, and it IS fixed, but there is a VERY small cliff leftover on the SE(?) side of the airport somewhere. It's much further away than it was before though. Justin is aware of it. And I think he'll fix it sometime in the future, though it's low priority I'm sure. It isn't THAT noticeable.And yeah it's a free download for him if he could do it that way. ;)The $10 fee is to cover duplication and shipping if you want DVD's with all the files on them. I think that's a very fair price for what you end up getting. I'm lucky in that I have a high speed connection so I could get them right away.

Thank you for your answers :)Yeah, 10 bucks is perfectly reasonable. I bought the completed version 1 DVDs and never have installed them. I'm glad he found a way to fix the cliffs/pits( or at least minimize them). i understand he also fixed the 'terrain stairstep' issue. It should be well worth 10 bucks so I'll go ahead and get it.thanks again.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Just keep in mind this doesn't mean that V2 fixes all elevated or sunken runways many will still remain. Especially for smaller fields.

Hi DAve,That's not completely accurate. You bought the version 1 download at the introductory $14.95 price way back when. Then a few months later you bought the $10 3-DVD option with free shipping.You bought download access to the finished product, even though the product wasn't finished at the time you bought it. Then later you ordered the optional DVDs for the additional $10.Just wanted to clarify.:-)-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

I looked at one random airport in the 0101 update and did a comparison. It does create an effect at the edge of the "hole" where you go from default mesh to FSG mesh, but at least at that airport, the effect was pretty minimal, compared to the flatten airport plateau which is pretty obvious in the v1.scott s..

Guest PPSFA

Get the Galaxy option and forever stop worrying about paying again.Justins products are just like AmEx, never leave home, errrr never take off without it :-)

Guest Stephen L

>Get the Galaxy option and forever stop worrying about paying>again.>>Justins products are just like AmEx, never leave home, errrr>never take off without it :-)I second that!Steve

>Hi DAve,>>That's not completely accurate. You bought the version 1>download at the introductory $14.95 price way back when. Then>a few months later you bought the $10 3-DVD option with free>shipping.>>You bought download access to the finished product, even>though the product wasn't finished at the time you bought it. >Then later you ordered the optional DVDs for the additional>$10.>>Just wanted to clarify.>>:-)>>------->Justin>http://www.fsgenesis.net>High Quality Scenery for FS200xJustin - I paid you $24.95 and you sent me the incomplete product on 3 DVds. I later paid you $10 and you sent me the completed V1 3 DVD set.I am willing to pay yet another $10.00 but only when I'm sure that clicking on the link on your website that says I can buy the NADEM-X (or whatever) product will actually get me the version 2 DVDs. That is why I wrote to you. I'm not yet convinced and I dont need any more V1 DVds.thanks for reading.

HI Dave,The V1 DVDs weren't produced and didn't ship until the V1 product was completed. I have never shipped incomplete products on media, though I have made downloads available. You ordered on October 1, then were shipped the V1 DVDs when they were completed towards the end of October. Then I issued an update in mid-January, and you ordered updated DVDs in April.You bought early in the V1 distribution cycle and took advantage of introductory discount pricing, as many did.That said, I have just firmed up the new V2 pricing structure, effective immediately, and a new split-distribution schema between downloads and optional media, the details of which are about to go out in a mailing to my notification list.Essentially, there will be two versions, both compiled from the same source data. A smaller download version compiled with a higher compression parameter, and a 5-DVD version with considerably larger files sizes. This was necessary to control throughput/data transfer costs, which threaten to spiral out of control due to the massive sizes of the FSX terrain mesh products.Details will be in the Notification email going out shortly. If you are subscribed, you should be getting it within a couple of hours.As well, there is a special $10 off coupon this weekend that is included in the notification email.And, remember, you can always download the updates for free. The DVDs are merely an option at extra-cost.-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net