Sign in to follow this  
MatthewS

Aerosoft Twin Otter & Turbo Props

Hi GuysBeen happily flying this bird for a couple of days now, but i'm curious about some of the flight dynamics....When i increase power in level flight, the aircraft dives, and when decreasing power, the attitude increases. I do see this behaviour in some other turbo props in FSX, but nothing to this degree.Obviously, i need to learn some new techniques for landing and stuff. Quite embarrasing to ditch nose first onto the threashold just 'cos i added a touth of power.If this really is a major difference between turbo and recip. in real life, could someone point me to a good flight manual and/or explanation.Many thanks

Guest JIMJAM

I agree something does not "feel right" with this plane.When Im flaring, I find myself in a tug of war with the elevator.The otter feels very unstable fore/aft. It either wants to float or dive when I flare.Maybe I need more practice,the FM is way off, both or thats just how it is.

>When i increase power in level flight, the aircraft dives, and>when decreasing power, the attitude increases. I do see this>behaviour in some other turbo props in FSX, but nothing to>this degree.Yes it is correctly modelled (see link in post above) but they are decreasing the strength of the effect in the upcoming service pack.

Matthew S