Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Is there a way to set up landings only in FSX ?

Guest JacobKoziarz

Are there any addons a'la Flight Planner that would allow to set up landings only - airport, runway, distance, altitude, speed, ILS etc. ?I'd like to skip the take off and cruise. I think FS2004 SDKs allow you to do that. Can you do the same in FSX ?

I can't answer your question directly but you could always:Start a flight with the a/c of your choice. Start the engine, switch on avionics etc..Go into Slew mode and position the aircraft where you want to be.Leave slew mode and pause FSXSave the flight.Continue your flight/landing and reload the flight when needed.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Another way is to fly a favorite flight just as you're setting up your landing. Then you can start the flight from there anytime.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

Guest kalch

you can also go into the map and set altitude, long/lat, speed, etc. and your plane will be put there. Make sure your engines are running, etc. You might want to start at a gate or runway, get everything ready to go that you want, then go to he area via the map.

Guest JacobKoziarz

Thank you all. Didn't realize you can drag the plane around on the map !!! This surely helps - take off via Flight Planner, drag it over, line up, request clearance and save the flight. Now I can land all I want - any other cool tricks ???

with FS FlightSim Commander you can improve on 'slew' and 'jump' to any other spot on your mapthen yo save the flightalso I run FSUIPC and with the paid version you can 'autosave' your flight, so I have dozens of intermediate point after a flight, I can do over and over again. (default /1min, but set to /10min)P5K 4GB-DaneElec Q6600 8800GTS640MB XPproSP2 FSXSP2

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

TweakFlight, from https://www.tweakfs.com, is not expensive and helps a lot. If you have the approach chart, you can set the coordinates of your starting fix, altitude, velocity and many other variables. Then load your created flight in FS and off you go. You can test it for free.Cheers,Sergio

I just reread my message and realized how stupid it sounded. What I meant was just as you get your landing set up save the flight. Then you can reopen it and re-fly it as often as you wish. DUH!!

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

Guest JacobKoziarz

Thank you all. Learning that I can move the plane on the map did the trick for me - now I just take off, setup autopilot, move it close to the airport and save the flight - then I refly. As long as ATC and ILS doesn't mess up - sometimes APP just won't respond correctly although i follow final vectors given by ATC.

If I remember clearly FS2002 or FS2004 or something actually had a 'Landing' file set up in the default list of flights which had you all set up for landing - all you had to do was ride the ILS and/or change the a/c.Nothing like a big of landing practice aye? (you do 4 times the work than on t/o I'm sure).