Sign in to follow this  
pedwards

Funniest aviation story ever!

This story, sent to me by a friend, Bob Jones, a retired pilot (Bob flew for Air Newland for nearly 20 years):-----A DAY WITHOUT LAUGHTER IS A DAY WASTED!!!Bob was flying from Brisbane to Auckland . Unexpectedly, the plane diverted to Norfolk Island along the way. The flight attendant explained that there would be a delay, and if the passengers wanted to get off the aircraft the plane would re-board in 50 minutes.Everybody got off the plane except bob who is blind. The flight attendant had noticed bob as he walked by and could tell that he was blind because his Seeing Eye dog lay quietly underneath the seats in front of him throughout the entire flight.He could also tell he had flown this very flight before because the pilot approached him, and calling him by name, said, "Bob, we are in Norfolk Island for almost an hour. Would you like to get off and stretch your legs?" Bob replied, "No thanks, but maybe Tess my dog would like to stretch her legs."Picture this:All the people in the gate area came to a complete standstill when they looked up and saw the pilot walk off the plane with a Queensland Guide Dog!The pilot was even wearing sunglasses. People scattered. They not only tried to change planes, but they were trying to change airlines!-----------------------------------------------------------------------Bob included a photo of the pilot with the story, wearing the sunglasses and standing next to Tess on the tarmac. It had me rolling on the floor!

Sorry, folks! Bob was a pilot for Air New Zealand (or is it New Zealand Airlines?). At any rate I apologize for the sloppy editing!