Sign in to follow this  
Valcor

Landing Lights didn't turn on...

Guest Zelensta

I'm sure I was doing many things wrong, but for some reason my landing lights wouldn't turn on, when I clicked on the switch, it went to "on" and then back to "off" again, without me doing anything.Situation: Airbus A321 (standard FSX model)Shockwave 3D lights installed (not redux version)6:00 AM, Toronto Area, Landing at CYYZ runway 33LI had the autopilot vertical speed set to descend at -2,500 (i'm pretty sure thats to fast, but I was on a high approach)There was the "Master Warning" going off, I'm not sure why. (could've been flaps, landing gear)I was under 10,000 feet (so I would normally have my landing lights on but, they weren't working as I explained)--------Were any of these things causing my landing lights to stay off?Or are there other reasons for landing lights not turning on?Thanks

not sure, haven't done much of any flying in the default Airbuddy.But Airbuddies have their landing lights on the nosegear main strut, I'd not be surprised if the real aircraft has a guard that prevents them from being turned on when the gear is retracted, and maybe Microsoft modelled that.But I am guessing here. See if you can turn them on after lowering your gear a few miles from touchdown.

That might have something to do with Shockwave's light package. I seem to remember somebody writing about that problem with the default Baron.Because of the way the Shockwave lights are rendered, they would shine through the fuselage if you turned them on with aircraft that have landing lights retracted into the nose with the gear.So your only option is only to have landing lights on when gear is down with aircraft configured that way. If there are no landing lights on the gear, it shouldn't be a problem iirc.