Sign in to follow this  
basys

FSX Easter Egg Found!--May Contain Spoilers

Credit goes out to Cessna154's video on YouTube.To find this easter egg, start up the Denali Base Camp Charter Mission. Follow the mission as normal. Once you takeoff from Base Camp, you will get a radio transmission asking you if you are up to a rescue. Accept the challenge, then go and rescue the hurt climber. Here is where things get different... The GPS and the Mission Compass/Pointer will direct you back to Talkeetna Airport-DO NOT GO THERE JUST YET. Head towards it, then hit the NRST button on the GPS when you're a few miles out. Activate the cursor, and move it over airport ID 3AK3. Follow the course line and land at 3AK3 airport. Taxi to the end of the runway. Notice there are 4 or 5 static planes parked by the end. Set the camera up so that you are looking at them. I do this in a few different views so as to make sure I have done it right. Then, takeoff from 3AK3, circle, and land there again, and I believe you may want to look at the static planes again. Then takeoff and head back to Talkeetna---PATK---as normal.Bingo! When you land and complete the mission, there is a 3rd reward that to some seems impossible to get otherwise. For now, I just won't say so as to keep the surprise...Enjoy!BoeingGuy

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Guest PPSFA

I dont know if they qualify as eggs, but I have found 2 so far, an oil rig off the Norway coast and an iceberg off Greenland

>I dont know if they qualify as eggs, but I have found 2 so>far, an oil rig off the Norway coast and an iceberg off>GreenlandOh no!!! Global Warming!!! Ahhhhhh!!!:-lol

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest fsxmissionguy

I'm selling carbon credits to offset your flight hours, if anyone is interested in cleansing their conscience.

Guest PPSFA

It was a total fluke finding them......ya see...Me and Al was looking out the window in his jet, discussing how to lower the emissions on his 4 engine jet....then I looked down and....ahhhh nm, its a boring story :-)

Wow, I never new about the iceberg! Could you tell me how to get there?Also, oil rigs and icebergs are just part of the scenery, but they are pretty cool to come across!Not to be a pompous guy, but anyone tried out my egg yet?

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Guest PPSFA

I only saw it once, we were on a flight down the Norway coast then across to Greenland. Its somewhere between them but its probably drifted south and melted by now :-)

>Wow, I never new about the iceberg! Could you tell me how to>get there?There is an iceberg autogen item in the scenery files so icebergs may be more widespread than we think. ?? I have not done much flying up that way to see.Then again it could be a mission-only item??RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest PPSFA

We werent on a 'mission'. just a normal multiplayer flight.

Guest davidvoogd

I was wondering how long it would take someone to find that, unless they were tipped off.

>icebergs may be more widespread than we think. ??Yes they are! There are just under 100 placed (not autogen) icebergs around Greenland.Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg

Yes sir! Now that is a true Egg! Thanks!You wouldn't believe how quick I was to backup my grantedrewards.bin file!I only did the land/circle back, but didn't land again... I forgot )-: However I did have an interesting "smoke trail" enroute to PATK.(Btw we need to be very shhhhh about this because if Phil Taylor sees it he might be like, "Remove that reward or or or!").Rob O.

Which would be the closest airport to one?

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

>Which would be the closest airport to one?There is not one very close by, but you can start from Kulusuk (BGKK).From there you can either head:- 31 km east-ish to N65 36.98, W36 28.51or- 40 km southwest-ish to N65 19.98, W37 46.57Then whichever one you start are, there is a line of them roughly in a northeast-southwest direction, paralleling the coastline. They are spaced quite a bit apart, so you'll still need to search for them. Fly at about 3500-4000 ft to give yourself a better chance.Hope this helps all you iceberg spotters without giving too much away and so spoiling the hunt!Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg

Absolutely no offense meant in this post...I'll delete it if you find it so."Hard-a-starboard!"http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184939.jpg"I tried, but it was too close."http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184940.jpgSome day shots:As seen by a passenger:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184951.jpgDamage:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184952.jpgBTW thanks for the location!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg