Sign in to follow this  
basys

FSX Easter Egg Found!--May Contain Spoilers

Ehem, do u mean Hard to Port? (Btw I was a jarhead... so I was only along for the ride and have no clue. :-P )Boy BG, ur sunk now in this 21st P.C. world of ours. No more computer for you for the next week young man!Rob O.

:-lolStarboard is when you look at the ship from the front and look at its right. So that means, while moving forward, turn left.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Yes I was... but in Navy-speak "stand by for heavy rolls" cause I am sure your going to take incoming for this. :-DP.C. = "politically correct"Ok ok ok ok... if you're on the Bridge... the Berg is on your right/starboard... so wouldn't one want to turn hard to port(left)?Like I said, I just rode on 'em and let the Navy do the driving :-DDD.Rob O.

:-lol :-lol :-lolIf you watched the movie Titanic, you'll notice that when the berg was on the right, he moved the wheel to the left on the order "Hard a starboard!"But I saw some diagrams suggesting you probably are correct, and I am confused.Well like you said, I'll just let the navy do the drivin', :-lol

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Ah Ha! No wonder they tore the whole side of the ship off!Or maybe with their "reverse thrusters" there was some hope of just "kissing" it and spinning around one side of it.Or maybe the actor/helmsman or the O.I.C. who gave the order was a bit tipsy and did such a convincing job of steering/giving the order that the director decided to "cut it and print it". Alot of possiblities here.Rob O.

Hi FolksBoeingGuy -Great Ozzie was correct.Starboard or Port do not change with POV.Starboard is always the right hand side of the vessel, (or A/C).Port is always the LHS.The sides are defined from stern to stem, (bow).On modern ships,turning the wheel to the left, (anticlockwise),turns the ship to the left, (Port).In the movie,do they genuinely say "Hard-a-starboard!" ?If they do,I'm gobsmacked that noone has added it as a gaffe to IMDB.ATBPaulResized logo pending ;-)http://www.fs-odg.com