Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

FS11 - Will the scenery engine improve?

>it doesnt help as much as you might think.>>we load when you turn and bring the area "behind" into view,>we just do not unload right away.>>and we certainly do not issue Draw calls for the scenery that>isnt visible.>>really more optimization is the only fix. and we are working>on that. >>we got pretty far with the batching work in SP1 and SP2.>>what is next is we are working on adding Instancing support (>both DX9 SM3.0 style as well as the better DX10 SM4.0 style )>to both further reduce Draw calls and reduce the amount of>information shipped across the bus every frame. it turns out>the bus usage is likely to be an issue as well so taking that>into account is necessary at this point so we dont saturate>the bus. on multi-core processors that is a very bad thing to>do.>>both of those will help, but that is not all that we plan I>just cannot state more at this time. everyone will just have>to be patient and trust that improving performance is a major>part of the effort moving forward. >>not something we will do at the end, or in an SP :-).Does this infer there will be a SP3? I recall reading there will be no more updates for FSX and you also mention in your last line it won't be at the end or in a SP so it may be an obvious answer but I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly?ThanksGraham

No, there will definitely not be an SP3. All the work he is referring to is work being done for fs11. They want to make sure all the optimizing is done when released so it won

no implications please. no SP3, this is just talking future work so you get a flavor of our focus(es).