Sign in to follow this  
Guest ziporama

Add-on choice -- A little help?

Hello!I am thinking about buying an add-on for FSX, and I have 3 aircrafts in mind:Flight One Ultimate Airliners Super 80Flight One ATR 72-500Level-D Simulations 767I'd like to get your personal opinions on each of them. Also, if you were me, which one would you buy? Which one do you think has the best overall quality? Also, another important factor is framerates. I can't fully enjoy an add-on if it runs slowly on my system, or if it forces me to reduce sliders to get acceptable performace. Which of these is the best, comparatively?Thank you for your kind help!Luis

Guest PPSFA

Of the 3, I only have the MD80, but I can tell you, it rocks!

>Hello!>>I am thinking about buying an add-on for FSX, and I have 3>aircrafts in mind:>>Flight One Ultimate Airliners Super 80>Flight One ATR 72-500>Level-D Simulations 767>>I'd like to get your personal opinions on each of them. Also,>if you were me, which one would you buy? Which one do you>think has the best overall quality? >>Also, another important factor is framerates. I can't fully>enjoy an add-on if it runs slowly on my system, or if it>forces me to reduce sliders to get acceptable performace.>Which of these is the best, comparatively?>>Thank you for your kind help!>>Luis>>All three are good. But the ATR for FSX has some issues (No VC lights for me) for some folks.The Super 80 takes lot of memory for their textures still. Hence you need to have the >2G switch. If you have done that then you may be ok.The Lvl D 767 is clean. No issues that I know off.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest bstolle

That's easy.The Super80 has approximately double the framerate than the other two planes plus it's VERY good quality.(I have only 2GB RAM and never experienced an OOM error.)RegardsBernt Capt 767

Guest JIMJAM

I have all 3.The ATR on my sys has the worst fps.My choice is the Level-D.

Guest ziporama

Just to note: The ATR is really an FS9 product made to work in FSX. It's a great plane, it just has issues with DX10 as do all other FS9 products.The LevelD 767 is updated for FSX and I like it quite a bit.You may consider also others, like the Cheyenne X from Digital Aviation. The very best heavy lifter I have is the PMDG 744X. Not sure yet about the C-130X from Captain Sim.Cheers,Etienne