Sign in to follow this  
tcgeo

Immenent Releases

Guest Nick_N

Just a quick word of cautionthe add-ons PicNic and What a Wonderful World will most likely have an adverse affect on GEX Enhanced. We modified the grass so an add-on like PicNic is not needed and since it also change the texture of snow, roads, etc.. it will have a greater change on GEXAs for WWW, you are welcome to try it with GEX and I am not saying it is a bad freeware, but please DO back up your entire SceneryWorldTexture folder before using it with GEXnWinters were modified extensively and as such WWW will most likely destroy the new enhanced lookI have not tried it so i can not say how much damage it may cause.. it may be minimal but please realize the GEXn texture go FAR PAST a simple sharpening or contrast change and they give you color tone and some textures glare response based on sun position, time of day, weather, etc which WWW will not provide.Any texture replacement that covers a large area like a country and that does not use the GEXn enhancement process will change the scope of what GEXn provides and ruin the overall effectWe expect well designed and considered professional target area coverage products like FTX will work without issue and layer correctly with GEX.:)

Wellllll!!!I have procrastinated long enough and can't put it off any longer. I must have these contributions.I assume the new package in complete within itself and does not require any previous version installation plus updates.Anxious to see what so many respected posters have recommended for some time now, plus read the bit on landclass as I do have FSGenesis and Ultimate Terrain installed.Thanks guys:RTH

Nope, straight-forward typical Flight1 wrapper install. During install, let it backup your original textures and then select all the three optional installation checkboxes and it will copy over the new textures. Simple as pie...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Nick_N

>I know it will-this is one add in I could not live without.>Looking greatly forward to getting home!>http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpg>>My blog:>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/A bit of real world pilot feedback here... http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=25008Hurry home... I want to know if are getting the results you expect too because we will make changes to suit you guys. RW and SIM match is what we were going for as much as the sim would allow.We targeted this for your RW flyboys because you guys know the difference:)

Guest koorby

>>We expect well designed and considered professional target>area coverage products like FTX will work without issue and>layer correctly with GEX.>>:)>Nick, FTX lives outside the FSX texture folders and does not need to be layered at a specific level in the scenery libraries at all, because it is completely self contained. You will only see our landclass, scenery, topo and textures within the limits of our custom regions. Once you leave an FTX region, you'll see default (or GEX) textures automatically mid-flight without needing any switchers or fiddling.

Guest Nick_N

Hi JohnThat is what I meant by layering correctly. I was not being technically specific about how it worked, just stating it would not present any issues for either product. however I was not aware there would be no need for a scenery entry level in the library based on other add-ons installed as I have not had time to review info on the product lately. :)

Guest Nick_N

Winter is fun to fly in now.. full color and foliageI use to avoid winter.. now its one of my favorite seasons

Hello Nick!Quick question!I know you guys are going to be pretty busy with Europe the next couple of months, but do you have any plans to do Central and South America, as well as the Caribbean?????Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest Nick_N

I do believe that comes as part of Oceania however the person that would need to answer that for sure would be Anthony.I do recall asking about SA some time ago and the answer was YES however it was a while back, and I will ask again to be sureI do know are not stopping at Europe... and I think the entire world deserves to be enhanced :D

Guest Nick_N

Follow Up...Indeed, South America will be getting the GEX treatment, right after Europe :)

Got home after a long day and installed it (took most of the night to download).First observation-fps went way up-about 10 fps to more...2nd observation-even better than version 1-wow!-it looks incredibly real!Now the problem! Like 6 years ago-pilots were debating vector maps on gps displays (clarity) vs. real maps...Same thing now-the generics of gex are unreal and give the sense of reality-however the sat scenery from tileproxy/megascenery are actual reality...which to pick?...right now I can't choose a winner-they are both great and must haves. What a great time for flight simming! In a similar way-pilots pick from vector maps to real with a touch of a button-covering all bases!We simmers can do the same. This program however is a huge step toward reality. 4 seasons of extremely real looking stuff compared to perhaps 1 seasons of totally real looking stuff on the sat images.I'll take both-but gex is must have stuff-period! Amazing stuff-thank you for the free upgrade! I always judge an add in by how much I will use it-this one will be almost every flight!http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

I agree, although I'm not sure I'm seeing an improvement in FPS, but I am noticing an improvement in blurries. At least with the Scout and Digital Aviation Piper. I'll see how the textures stand up to the F18!:) Mt. St. Helen's with FEX and 5 meter mesh from FSGenesis.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184985.jpg

Guest Nick_N

Thanks for the professional rundown... There is only one way we could skin the earth and have it done to perfection and that would be to start from scratch and do it right with our own defined world. The system we were left to use is very crude when it comes to having the ability to match the real environment, as a matter of fact it will never be perfect using the system MS developed. They gave the product a very generic way of dealing with the surface visuals when referring to the original texture design and layout. Since what we are doing is replacing what was designed, and not re-designing that system we are limited to what that system will allow without starting from scratch. To start from scratch would be a very expensive venture which would require a significant price increase over what it goes for now.So to cover the entire NA Continent unsing the current layout and not have options to customize to a better standard, all we can do is go for "the big picture" and try to isolate the general 'feel" of the sectors. Since the landclass installed and even the payware products are also not "hi-def" again we are limited to simply assuring the feel of the sim over the 'imgage' accuracy as per location of the terrain in real life. We would have to overlay the entire world with our own system to get it to that point. The system in place is a nightmare to work with but none the less, with the give and take the cost of the product is dirt cheap for the end result an the coverage area. Thanks again for the info! :)