Sign in to follow this  
Guest ericd19087

graphics question

Guest ericd19087

anyone know if gex or utx do the same as x graphics

Xgraphics does sky, moon, sun, airport taxiway, airport runway, clouds, sky and water textures, and probably some I missed. It is highly configurable meaning you can have some or all of the textures replaced based on weather or create custom themes etc....GEX does everything else like mountain, fields, deserts and many other textures including an airport grass blend.UTX does city landclass, vegetation landclass, coastlines, city night lighting, roads, road traffic etc....They all work well together.Throw in FEX for cloud and water textures and you have one hec of a picturesque sim.

Guest Nick_N

GEX is ground textures... a full enhanced update is about to be releasedFEX is clouds, sky and waterUTX is landclass, roads shorelinesXgraphics has cloud replacements like FEX but also includes other textures too. You may review information about the GEX eNhanced release which will be posted today, here:http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=24984And screenshots from here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=24742I use UTX, FEX, GEX, ASX weather engine (until FEX gets theirs posted) and trees V2.1 available here at AVSIMI also use FSGenesis 10m and World mesh in which Justin is releasing version 2 that repairs the airport plateausIt is the layering of each add-on item correctly that produces the results in the sim. None of them are completely redundant although Xgrahips and FEX both supply clouds.. you can opt for the use of those from one product or the other.

Guest ericd19087

thanks for the info...do you know how they affect frame rates and performace?

That's very dependent on what/where/when you fly and your system. It's been so long since I flew default FSX not to mention a video card upgrade that I couldn't quantify any form of answer based on my own experiences.Generally though GEX and FEX may actually increase performance so the story goes. GEX by changing the amount of autogen displayed, some users have reported better performance with FEX.UTX tends to have the most impact on frames as it adds traffic to secondary roads and the night lighting can also be detrimental to performance. UTX does however have a top notch configuration tool that displays each feature and projected performance impact not to mention the ability to enable/disable specific features. It also has a great FSX configuration editor where you set sliders for specific FSX featurs such as detail radius slider, autogen, fiberframe etc..... and shows the impact on FSX performance.With all that said, performance is in the eye of the beholder and very dependant on many variables and no two experiences are the same.

Guest ericd19087

i dl utx about 20 times i keep getting errors during installation the errors are all different and noone at flight 1 has gotten back to me any suggestions?

Guest Nick_N

Vista or XPPost in the Flight1 GEX forum and I am sure Steve will help youEveryone is very busy right now. UTX Europe is being released soonregardless, download it using this method to ensure no corruption...http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...?TID=24993&PN=3about 4 posts from the bottom.. my post about the download tool and install proceedureeveryone who is having trouble, that seems to fix it

Guest ericd19087

xp sp2 with fsxdelux and acceration..that forum was on about gex..i am trying to run utx now but soon as this works i will go for gex and i am using the dl tool..everytime i run it, it says the file is verified but still downloads more files