Sign in to follow this  
Guest SanH

If you're looking for an addon, and want better fps...

Guest Zelensta

Get Ground Environment X! First of all, it improves your ground textures greatly. Second, it improves your frame rate. Before I installed it, my scenery sliders were in the middle, and I was getting 5-10 fps. Now they're almost maxed out, and I'm getting six more fps. So if you have some money to spend, then get GEX, I was surprised at how much better the game became.--------Also something I realized... ATI cards don't do well with clouds (my frames drop back down 6-10 compared to when I have clear weather).Are there updates/new drivers for this?Also, does Flight Environment X help this?--------Can't wait for Real Environment Xtreme!

If all that the package does is to replace one texture with another, and if both are exactly the same size, then how can performance improve? It should be exactly the same, don't you think?Best regards.Luis

I didn't notice any difference in fps, so your mileage may vary. For some it helps, but there is no guarantee it really does.

Guest dom993

I have GEX and to my surprise it improved FPS & reduce stutters enough that I cranked autogen to Dense.I have since added UTX and the result is really really nice.D.

Guest Nick_N

textures have nothing to do with it... as long as they are construted correctly and compressed correctly they will perform the same as the originals, but with GEX Enhanced they will provide 100X the visual impact. Textures only define the look, the performance gain comes from the completely redefined autogen associated with the new textures:)

Guest SanH

my guess is that the "better placed autogen improving FPS" probably means less autogen then the default. Hence a performance improvement. Was thinking of getting GEX but considering its only USA and Europe covered i will probably leave it. Going for FEX instead when the weather module comes out.