Sign in to follow this  
Illegitimi non carborundum

Any replacements for Rain and/or Snow effects?

I'm really enjoying FSX now that I've upgraded my PC but there's one issue that is driving me nuts: Rain and Snow effects!I think the new FSX rain/snow effects are actually a step backwards from the ones found in FS9. I'm almost getting hypnotized by the "wormhole" effect found in FSX...Not to mention the blue-white bolts of snow and rain, which looks horrible...I checked the files library here and didn't find any files to address this problem. Does anyone know if it's a project being tackled by anyone in the payware industry? Or perhaps a way of transplanting the FS9 version into FSX?

Alexander Alonso

Yep, I saw those but it's for rain/snow "tire" effects on runway. I'm looking for some type of replace for the actual snow flakes and rain drops (actually silver bolts) and most importantly, that "wormhole" effect when flying in the inclement weather. Thank you, though, for trying to help!

Alexander Alonso

I agree fsx was a step back-but also have to say fs9 didn't have it correct at all either... (the snow looked like one of those shake them up paper weights and the rain looked like on a car at 40mph).Have a shot on my blog site of what rain looks like at 180 knts....http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest Nick_N

Those are ground texture replacements.. I think they are after the animation fixed and I can not agree more.. the snow and rain animations were a shocking surprise to be as bad as they are.