Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

TRIBUTE to Gex nHanced :--)

>Thanks Chris and Nick for the courtesy of your dialogue>:--).>You both are well known for your active cooperation to our>hobby and your work is greatly appreciated.>Regards,>David>And thank you David for giving us the opportunity to have such a dialogue. That is also very much apprecaited.Best regards,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Guest Nick_N

If you shoot over to the GEX forum you will find info around that. I am making sure the forum is updated with information around updates and patches as they are in production. Right now all you need to do is run the GEX installer and select the UTX texture enhancements. When the patch is released it will provide the same ease of install. If you install UTX Europe, you will need to re-run the GEX installer for the US and Canada as the Europe version will overwrite the USA upgrades for UTX.. no big deal.As for UTX settings... you can find what I use for UTX here:WIDTHSUT OCEAN PIER 3UT RAIL ENC DRY 14UT RAIL ENC SEASONAL 14UT RAIL ENC TROPICAL 14UT RAIL ENC BRIDGE 14UT RAIL ENC TRACKS 12UT ROAD ENC DRY 28UT ROAD ENC SEASONAL 28UT ROAD ENC TROPICAL 28UT ROAD ENC2 DRY 16UT ROAD ENC2 SEASONAL 16FLATTENINGUT STREAM LINE DRY -2UT STREAM LINE WET -2Highway interchanges, galciers, railway yards disabled because I find they interfere with autogen and other things in the areas I normally fly and look more realistic without themI disable the highway lighting layer because of the performance and flight load hit but leave the intersection lighting enabledI leave the default layers such as LUX Cutom enabled and we are working on upgrading the LUX Industrial layer to be more in line with GEXnHanced for night and some in day

Guest Stoopy

MISTER ROCH,Being interested in GEX Enhanced, and finally ready to purchase yet another add-on, I downloaded your slideshow at the link provided in your original post above.I wanted to take a few minutes to see it in the presence of my wife and son - who are both supportive of and mildly interested in this flight simming hobby/addiction (and the according time I spend on it and the expenses) while we downloaded the DDF file for the Flight 1 installer. As all 3 of us watched your slideshow, with the nice mellow "pretty" mood music you included flowing from the speakers with full clarity, came the lyrics which go as follows:"No one cares, about the F##KING pretty face, you have...." (and surely, Forum mods should have no objection to the above *censored* quote appearing in the forum, if an AvSim Admin is going to CREATE content with the verbal equivalent and post links to it in the same thread, right?!)You SERIOUSLY need to do two things, SIR. First, include an offensive language warning if this is the way you want to express yourself to others so we can be forwarned.Second, please *THINK* for a second (or two, if it takes that much) that maybe your personal taste in this kind of music isn't terribly relevant to the topic of simming and enhancement addons. There are many examples of fine videos made with instrumental music for the express purpose of letting the visuals do the talking. That wold surely be a whole lot safer because I doubt very much that any of the folks behind the actual product would be so similarly brainless as to scrawl the same thing in graffiti in the texture sets they're trying to sell.I can almost hear it now....no, it's not the first time any of us have heard that word, but that's certainly no excuse to make us hear it again certainly when we least expect it and it has NO point being there! I'm no Puritan, but the point is, some of us engage in flight simming becuase it's just a safe haven to get away from this kinda thing, not experience more of it! Where the heck are you coming from and WHAT were you thinking?!! Don't tell me you didn't know it was there, you put the slideshow together and had to watch and listen.Needless to say, my spouse is quite disgusted as well and is wondering what kind of people are these that I follow their advice, and why do I spend so much time with this if that's what this is like....you know what....I really can't blame her, come to think of it.Maybe you were after shock value. Well, if so, job well done, the download and purchase has been cancelled, so thanks a PANTLOAD, Chief!!I've done you the return favor of marking the link at Toofiles as Innappropriate just so the next poor sucker has some warning! Not everyone is single, or a loner, sitting in a darkened room by themselves where it doesn't matter what comes over the speakers. Some of us have families present! We're careful of what we click on, but for crying out loud, when it's just about texture sets for a flight simulator, and put together by someone with a supposed good reputation....well, you just proved it all wrong there to me, I guess!A very, VERY disheartened member!!!Erich

Whew, that's one great presentation. Especially love those night shots, although I find the bloom quite overdone with all those lights, but yet cool to look at! :-eek Nice song too, as a casual drummer I gotta say I like the sound of the kit, that's a nice punchy BD. :-hahCheers, :-beerchugEtienne :-wave

Guest Nick_N

ErichFirst, and although Anthony, myself, Flight1 and the product lines have nothing to do with the video, its production or its distribution, let me say that I apologize for the shock you and your family may have experienced.I am not a spring chicken and although I did watch the video my speakers were in fact turned down so I could hear the melody but I was not really paying close attention to the lyrics. Between my hearing and the attention factor I had no idea the lyrics contained such language.Erich, I wish for you to consider that David is a very good person and a content advisory would have been a good idea, however to slam him -and the product- the way you have seems to me to be a bit overboard, and please let me qualify that statement...I AM NOT belittling the experience you and your family may have felt, however to completely close the door on the use of a product that has the potential to raise your sim experience 10 fold, simply because a fan who is a good person, well known for his contributions, has his heart IN THE RIGHT PLACE place but who has absolutely no connection to that product, wished to share something (and should have placed an advisory on it) is, in my opinion a very strong reaction and one that does not help the situation to get it resolved.Your reaction to the situation is understandable, especially with the family present and I really do hope you understand what I am saying is not a jab at you... on the contrary I have grandchildren that I would not want to hear such lyrics.Again, sincerest apologies to you and your family and I do hope that you may change your mind and not remove the possibility of enjoying FSX with the stunning realism the sim is capable of rendering. Nick Needham

Guest crimplene

I have to say, I'm a bit disgusted. To bad, my english is not good enough to explain the interesting relation between your shock about this f-word and your silly banner. "JG 300 Wild Sau Gruppe" - That's truly disgusting. The Word "Wild Sau" in modern german is as shocking as "F..." in english, but even better I find the "stinking up the place"-Slogan. Yeah, JG 300 really stinked up Europe in WWII, supporting the killing of millions.I love bigotry, I really do.

Stoopy,If you are so over-protective, why didn't you watch the slide-show alone before "exposing your family" ? Where do you live ? Pleasantville ?While you are at it, why don't you sue David Roch, the developers of GEX who have nothing to do with the slide-show, Avsim, the Internet, the whole world. I also agree with Crimplene, your banner is a thousand times more offensive than a single "F" word in a song. Jean-Paul http://www.digital-aviation.de/banners/PA3...eyennePilot.gif

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Erich,1) First of all, accept my apologies if your son has been chocked by this song. I love and respect children and I am honestly sorry for that. But sincerely, I don't believe I had to warn anybody on this forum. YOU had to take care of what you were showing to your kid. We are all adults here and supposed to be responsible persons.2) A PM would have been fair enough to tell your thoughts instead of this post that has nothing to do with the thread + the alert you sent to Avsim's staff to tell them how much you were chocked by my behavior and by this "word" (which is in the dictionnary BTW)3) My native language is not English and even in my worst nightmare I wouldn't have thought a second someone could be offended to hear a word that anyone can listen thousand of times everyday in buses, at school, on TV, movies, etc...4) Not everyone is a single and a loner as you said... Yeah, that's why my kids could be VERY VERY chocked by watching your signature which is an insult to the memory of millions of people killed by the ######'s barbarity.So please, remove this signature from your account and again, accept my apologies if the good education you give to your son has been hurt by this horrible song.PS:- I am locking this thread to avoid further "wind drift"- If you want to answer, please use PM

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Erich and I had a very kind mail exchange and I want to emphasize that none of the allegations regarding the banner he removed are true.He does not affiliate with, support, condone or otherwise approve of in any way, shape or form, any ###### or neo-###### organizations, past, present or future. He flies the German side because he likes the planes and the challenge. Period.He is sincerely sorry if someone has been upset by this banner or by screenshots he uploaded in the Screenshots forum.I maintain this thread locked because the matter is closed.Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.