Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Disappointed with FSX performance

>You might want to try what I do-autogen maxed but buildings>turned "off". This allows the high res textures to show thru>with full trees. I do this not for performance but for greater>reality looks.>>Under terrain in your fsx.cfg file add:>TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500>TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=0000>>Then crank your autogen to the max!>>http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpg>>My blog:>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/Didn't Phil, a while back warn not to set these values to zero? He said, you would get unstable results I think? Obviously your not seeing any issues, so I wonder what he was concerned about?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Geofa,I tried your suggestion, and not only did that help a lot, but it definitely does look a lot better in terms of realism! Sergio, I went ahead and set the water back to 1.0, which sucks to lose those nice reflections but that made a difference too. I'm more happy with the sim now with some of those adjustments.McCrash, yes I have it set to Unlimted... seems to be a little bit better than setting it to where it usually is anyway (about 30)Thanks again.

Is there a /3G switch for XP and, if so, how is it enabled?Thanks a lot,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

>Is there a /3G switch for XP and, if so, how is it enabled?>>Thanks a lot,First off, make sure you have SP2 installed as the FSX executeable included with SP2 is greater than 2GB aware.Configuring MS Windows XP: add the flag /3GB to the Boot.ini file. To do this just open the Control panel, click on the System icon, on the Advanced options panel, then press the Configuration button of the Start and recuperation section. In this window click on the Edit button inside the System start section and the Notepad will pop-up with the Boot.ini file opened. In this file there should be a line like this:multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetectjust add the /3GB flag at the end, like:multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /3GBNow the file must be saved, and MS Windows restarted

Thanks a lot.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

I gotta give that a try, I like that idea.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Most things look good inside and outside a new G58. I have a friend working on a repaint of the one I flew and I've been dabbling a bit with modifying the bumpmap... you can do some rather interesting things with that.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

There are also recommendations to limit how far above 2 GB the application can address to avoid collisions with systems programs.You can add /3GB /userva=2560 or some number like that...Search the forums for "userva" if you want further details.Try here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...topic_id=434144

Bert