Sign in to follow this  
Guest ledzzepplin

Turn off prop in FSX ?

Is there a way to turn off just prop animation in virtual cockpit ?I have Flight one Cessna 172r installed.

Guest GabeThePilot

Is it because you get an awful color-banding effect looking through the props radius ?I have the same problem with some single props too.You have to use a twin prop or a different single.The Real Air one's are bad, whilst the default and Eaglesoft sseem okay.Wierd !

I dont know about you guys, but I personally think many if not most prop effects in FSX are unrealistic. As far as my experience in smaller singles, you really don't see the prop in-flight unless you look for it.

Thanks for your replies. Yes it is part banding problem usually during rpm changes. Mostly just wanting clear foward view. I'm wondering sometimes if it's exgagerated by using an lcd vs crt. Too bad you can't kill it as an option, I love this plane. Your planes or the ultralight would be more suited for clear observation mode :)

>I dont know about you guys, but I personally think many if>not most prop effects in FSX are unrealistic. As far as my>experience in smaller singles, you really don't see the prop>in-flight unless you look for it.True, however a bit of prop arc adds to the ambiance. Just as flap and gear sounds do, even if they're a bit louder than normal. The whole idea is get immersed in the sim, as if it's an actual moving machine. When things are too quiet and near motionless, the sim becomes too static. This is my opinion of course, but I like to see some prop arc in the single engine VC's.L.AdamsonAnd BTW, the RealAir FSX versions work just fine. Ported FS9 models can have the problem.

Guest GabeThePilot

Yes a little prop is good as is a little reflection on the inside of the VC glass...or at least some shading at the edge of the windscreen glass so you know it's there...!But too much prop especially when it's playing havoc with color banding and creating graphical distortion, is not on really.

problem as usual is that the majority of customers don't know that you're not supposed to see the prop spinning and start to complain that it's not there when things are modelled realistically.

Guest ledzzepplin

There's something about the way that FSX renders some prop animations that bugs me too. In FS9, AlphaSim's MH-53J Pavelow II blade rotation looks real. But in FSX, it's just not convincing at all. Same goes for the EH-101.