Sign in to follow this  
BoeingGuy

FSX Acceleration

I'm ordering the Acceleration pack today. I'm really excited :D.I know most people install and get an error saying the FSX installation cannot be detected. I know how to fix this via Phil Taylor's blog. But I wanted some answers to a question I had: How is Acceleration working for everyone else?Also, I already have the SP2 download from FSInsider. Will Acceleration install upon an already installed SP2?Thanks,BoeingGuy

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Guest fsxmissionguy

Acceleration will install on a pristine SP2 no problem.I've had no problems at all with Acceleration, other than the known issues (like the torque issue on the EH101).The only real issue I have is flying that #### Mustang in Reno. I just can't beat those guys, and it isn't for lack of practice.

Guest firehawk44

FSX Acceleration works great for me. The EH101 and F/18 aircraft are worth it alone. I never saw that FSX installation error the two times I have installed this product. Although I have the hardware/software to run DX10 preview, I do not as I understand NVIDIA needs to upgrade their drivers to make it fully compatible and I expect that to happen soon. For some reason, DX10 preview causes flashing on runways at several airports. Other than that, DX10 preview works great and it even increased FPS (on my system) when I had it turned on. I can't believe you waited so long to get it!!Best regards,Jim

Guest RonB49

I got Acceleration as a Christmas gift. It installed and activated without any problem and has worked flawlessly for me. I must admit that I was worried after reading some horror stories on this forum.R-

There are some minor quirks with Accel, but in general, I like it, I fly the F18 way too much!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks everyone, also, will Acceleration work with my add-ons (Titanic, A380 Birthday Surprise mission, Sun-fix, Goose Realism fix, CRJ baggage truck fix, Airport Light Environment)?Thanks,BoeingGuy

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Guest Stoopy

Accelleration, in and of itself (meaning the add-on aircraft, mission content, and new features) won't or certainly shoudln't conflict with anything you have.But the caveat is: Accelleration also includes SP2. SP2 contains certain changes or fixes that have been shown to reduce compatability with FS9 aircraft or scenery that may use features which are not 100% SDK-compliant. This can range from opaque prop discs or black VC windows, to CTD's with older scenery. All as a result of reducing extra draw calls, etc, to tighten up the code and yield better performance,Since you say you already have SP2, however, you should be in a position where if this were causing a problem for you, you'd have seen it.Therefor it's safe to say you shouldn't have any issues with Accelleration. Have been using it myself since it came out and it's excellent, IMHO... as long as the changes that SP2 brings with it are understood.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Snip: "Will Acceleration work with my add-ons?"However, the question really is, "Will my add-ons be SP2-compatible?" I can tell you that some older missions built before SP2 may not be (I've run across a few), and some older scenery (such as Titanic) may not be. Any aircraft designed with the FS9 software development kit probably won't be compatible.It sounds like I'm picking nits here, but really I'm not trying to. Asking "Will Acceleration work with my add-ons" is like saying "Will Windows XP SP3 work with my dot matrix printer?" It's up to the printer manufacturer to stay up-to-date with Windows by releasing drivers specific to the operating system their printer was designed for.In much the same way, add-on developers have an obligation to stay up-to-date with the current FSX service pack. Some do, others may not. Buyer beware.But ACES really has no control over whether add-on developers operate professionally, and (my view) shouldn't let that stop them from improving the sim with updates.

Installing it on a fresh install of fsx seems to be the way to go. I installed it on top of an existing fsx with addons and I've had trouble. Got a new machine coming and will install it on a fresh fsx.....seems to be the way to go.

Thanks for the reply,That's good to know! Actually, the Titanic ship I downloaded was for FSX, and has no issues with SP2 (except with DX10 Preview), neither do any of my other add-ons (even with DX10 Preview).Thanks!BoeingGuy

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

OK, I'm installing now. It was interrupted because it required me to first uninstall FSX SP2. I'm sooooo excited!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg