Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nick_N

Anti-Aliasing stopped working

Anyone know why I can't get the AA to work? I had it working before but I don't know why it's not working anymore. I tried turning it on through the video card control panel and through FSX. I've had this happen before with FS2004 as well.

Guest bluesky21

Whoa... See if you can change it in the fsx.cfg. If you need help with doing so I would be happy to lend a hand.And be sure to back up the file before you tinker around with it.If that doesn't work, try troubleshooting.

Okay well, I double checked that my video card AA was off and FSX AA was on, and that got it working again. However, I can't understand why my video card-enabled AA won't work in FSX.

Guest Nick_N

This is a known issue with Nvidia driversPlease use my guide and the software Nhancer to fix the problem, change the visual quality in FSX and increase performanceNvidia is taking control of your card through profiles and not allowing the driver control software to make changes.. any change you make, the FSX game profile they planted in the drivers without you knowing about it, is overriding all of your settings2 posts starting here:http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...3028653/165#171Replace the references to the drivers with most current version however I am still on the 169.13 beta drivers and as of yet have not found a better set however driver selection/revision can different for every systemWhen you are finished setting up Nhancer, enter the nvidia driver control and set Vertical Sync to FORCE ON. I did hear nvidia fives the Vs problem in a recent driver release but none the less, you are not firing more than 60FPS so set it to FORCE ON anyway. Also, you may wish to review my guide and tips for installing, setting up and links to Windows optimizing, especially if you are running WindowsXPhttp://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...=1197380641/0#1http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...=1197380641/0#2