Sign in to follow this  
jwenham

GEX? You gotta be kidding me!

Guest exmixer

J,>>Well, exmixer, reading all this won't be done in that proverbial NY minute...!< Ahhhhaaa, found it, 'awhile', hmmm, perhaps a really *long* awhile . Time for some more cider ;-) jb[a href=http://exmixer.com/fs.shtml]FS9/FSX stuff[/a]Falcon Northwest Mach VIntel C2D Extreme X6800EVGA 680i4 GB Corsair Twin2Xx2048-8500C5BFG 8800GTXDual-boot XPPro/Vista Ult.Full specs in the link above

LOLWell, good luck with it all. It's bedtime in my part of the world: I will see what you've come up with tomorrow. Or the day after... ;)

Guest exmixer

J,>>Well, good luck with it all. It's bedtime in my part of the world: I will see what you've come up with tomorrow. Or the day after... <. Done with the FSX/GEX screenshot BS, did what I could to show what I get, bla-bla-bla. Next choice: flame on Nick and GEX, ask for yet more specific settings from Nick and waste his time, that he could be spending finishing the Europe GEX stuff, or hey, hmmm, give the whole thing a good long rest and enjoy flying. I'm thinking the latter might improve my general attitude ;-) Fun while it lasted. And as a grin, until it gets yanked, you may want to look at the 'FSX SP2 install wipes iTunes?' thread. Pure evil, sorry for that, it'll probably get me booted off here...and of course it's a complete crock, but iTunes *is* misbehaving on XP Pro tonight, gotta blame it on *something*, right? .

Guest Nick_N

I do not consider an inquiry or questions about things that I may be able to help with a waste of my time. If you are having trouble or something specific is giving you grief, feel freel to ask and I will be more than happy to try and help.Right now I am tied up with a GEXn patch and gearing up for looking at the GEXnE graphics so my time is indeed limited but I am always available to try and help a fellow simmer as much as I can with the time that I can spare.:)Of course I do understand the "forget it and get back to flying" LOLLately I have not had that luxury and I am missing it myself!

Guest exmixer

Nick,>>I do not consider an inquiry or questions about things that I may be able to help with a waste of my time.<< That's exactly the type of reply that makes these forums worthwhile from time to time. We all try in our own ways to help, direct access to the author of an app I'm using, even better, thanks! I haven't given up on FSX (well, not entirely, too many $ invested now ) but yes, I prefer the flying part, ENOUGH tweaking for me for a bit .Best,jb[a href=http://exmixer.com/fs.shtml]FS9/FSX stuff[/a]

Guest Nick_N

Best to you to jb and if you decide to take some time to try and resolve something, feel free to contact me!

>>I prefer the flying>part, ENOUGH tweaking for me for a bit .Ah, we all know the feeling, jb. ;) I've posted a LOT of posts about tweaking and my troubles with FSX and everytime I ended up saying something like 'Ah, what the heck, forget about it, I like FSX anyway and flying is great...' I've 'stopped' tweaking more often than an average smoker has 'stopped' smoking and I've also restarted tweaking more often than an average smoker has started smoking again... That's FS!!!! Just last week I bought UTX and I posted how GREAT is all is and how much I am enjoing the sim, and well... since yesterday I am totally into tweaking again (see the topic about blurries). :( It's a love and hate relationship that we ALL share, but... the love always prevails! :)

>AMEN!Ha, LOL, believe it or not, but at first I had ended my post also with 'Amen!' :( Just before clicking on 'Post message' I decided to leave it out because I thought it was a bit too much maybe ;) , but you can imagine it was really very funny to see someone else posting ONLY the exact word that I left out! :)

Well all of the rave reviews of GEX forced me to get it. Here is what GEX has done for me. Before GEX I had to tweek the life out of my autogen to get good results at the larger airports and big cities. Tweeked to the extent that autogen was almost gone but enough to see a few buildings and some trees. I loaded up GEX Enhanced and I now have removed all my autogen tweeks and have set it to normal. This has given me I would say more than 4X the amount of autogen I had grown accustomed to use with my tweeks and best of all I am getting the same performance. I am able to set it to dense but for me I have better performance at normal. One of the tweeks I was using was the Texture Bandwidth tweek. I had mine set to 10 which worked great with the default FSX ground. When using that setting with GEX even though my FPS were higher and consistant it was stuttering at around 1500 to 4000 feet. When I set it back to 40 (FSX Default) all was smooth again. Im sure this goes without saying but make sure you defrag after installing. I have seen where some people say they see no difference from the default fsx but I sure see a difference. Everything looks more natural and realistic and the autogen placements are far better than the default. I think this is a must have add-on and cant wait for the other 2 areas to come out. When will that be? Please hurry! Thumbs Up you guys! :-beerchug

Jim Wenham

One other thing I have also noticed is that I can now lock my frame rate without it killing my performance.

Jim Wenham

Guest exmixer

J,I wrote Nick N awhile back as regards my GEX comparisons:>>Thanks for taking the time to post the links and extra info. I'm betting new and improved screenshots will appear soon .<

Guest Nick_N

Thanks JBThose are certainly shaping up and looking betterIn case you have been busy and in case you may have missed it... and, if you are on XP, and, not an old Dell.. you may want to have a look at thishttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=436619&page=if you already saw that.. sorry for the redundancy. It will help if you have never work out that process before.I recall you were looking for settings and tweaks.. well, if followed exactly and to the letter... thats your magic bullet, right there

Guest exmixer

Nick,I'm impressed with the 1.05 update, good work. The UTX Landclass LUX integration with GEXn, good stuff. Now I need to change the UTX pics, which I think I'll re-do with GEXn enabled. Or maybe a set of four shots per location, UTX/Default, UTX/GEXn...hmmm. I'm sure you're aware that even with all of the locations being saved flights it's just plain time consuming getting 'em up on the site! Thanks for the link; over time I've done most all of that except I use PerfectDisk, just a personal preference based on my sense of safety. And yes, got a coupla older Dells, the sims run on the Falcon box though :-) Still don't get why folks are using Vista anything for FS (dual-boot for me, XP Pro/Vista Ultimate 32), each to their own though, no flame. If it works for some, it works. I *am* thinking about replacing Vista 32 with 64...hey, ya pay for Ultimate, might as well use both disks ;-) Does Vista strike you the same way as FSX...(MS): 'Well, we've gone about as far as we can now' ;-)[a href=http://exmixer.com/fs.shtml]FS9/FSX stuff[/a]