Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

What is GEX everyone is talking about?

What is GEX everyone is talking about and showering with tributes? Where can I download this? Please enlighten me. I am the dummo who seems to be in the dark! RegardsShri

Guest UlfB

ShriGEX, Ground Environment X, is a payware add on for FSX that replaces default ground textures with customized textures. Visit http://www.flight1.com/ and click on the Ground Environment picture.Ulf B

Guest stevehow

HiAbsolutely a MUST HAVE addon for FSX..also a very dedicated team behind it...can't recommend enough.i.been a user since FS9 and didn't hesitate for one second when GEX was released.For me this was not only about the Product ,but also the team behind it. just my

Well, must have... I bought it and asked for a refund. What is a 'must have'? It simply depends on what you want so it's very personal... Last week I bought UTX Europe. I think UTX comes before GEX as far as 'must have' is concerned. I do plan to get GEX Europe though, as I nice addition to UTX Europe. But on their own I think UTX offers more must-have-stuff (specially for VFR flyers!) than GEX. GEX is more the icing on the cake imho. Again, this is all very personal: some people call 'cloud-addons' must-haves: well, I can live happily without them...

everything is in the eyes of the beholder ...For me it is a "must" because it fixes those sandy terrain textures in autumn and winter and in most of the mountain areas around the US.Also, it looks like the dimensions of the rural areas are better with GEX, crop fields just look too small to me, and too much scattered with trees. In GEX, they look more like what I see from the air.I am not saying that the default are bad, on the contrary, but GEX is an improvement, IMO.I am waiting impatiently for GEX Europe; or even more for Flight Terrain X (FTX) Europe, whichever comes out first. Jan

>Well, must have... I bought it and asked for a refund. >>What is a 'must have'? It simply depends on what you want so>it's very personal... Last week I bought UTX Europe. I think>UTX comes before GEX as far as 'must have' is concerned. I do>plan to get GEX Europe though, as I nice addition to UTX>Europe. But on their own I think UTX offers more>must-have-stuff (specially for VFR flyers!) than GEX. GEX is>more the icing on the cake imho. Again, this is all very>personal: some people call 'cloud-addons' must-haves: well, I>can live happily without them...Why did you ask for a refund? Did the software cause any problems on your system?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest Nick_N

At that point in time and before he got some pointers as to drivers and other settings, his system appeared to have a hard time keeping things sharp and therefore he thought GEX looked no different than default and returned the product.. I can reference the threads but no need.... and that was also the original GEX not GEXnHanced which is new nowFlight1 has a great return policy if you do not like the product. It's easy and they work very closely with customers to make sure they are satisfied,.. even if its not the product causing the problem

Guest exmixer

Shri,>>What is GEX everyone is talking about and showering with tributes? Where can I download this? Please enlighten me. I am the dummo who seems to be in the dark!<

EDIT:Never mind. ;) I typed a long answer, but well... let's say I simply do have a slightly different view on it all than NickN, but it doesn't really matter. Flight1 has indeed a very fine return policy, so you can in fact 'demo' the full version for free if you want to!

>I am waiting impatiently for GEX Europe; or even more for>Flight Terrain X (FTX) Europe, whichever comes out first. That'll be GEX without a doubt. FTX is still working on the first part of Australia, after which FOUR more parts will follow... And they haven't decided yet which country to do next...

I just purchased GEXnhanced this morning,and all I have to say...is that it has transformed the FSX immersion experience---into one h*ll of a sim! The U.S. of A. and Canada both look like they should!!!!!Now I understand what colors 'life-like' the others have been talking about. Roofs of homes, backyards, pools, ***GREAT ROADS***, etc.... Subdivisions ***LOOK*** like subdivisions!!!Forests and shrubbery is now to die for! :) TOTALLY SATISFIED!Mountain textures---FANTASTIC!I have been flying FSX in all seasons, and areas, ie: deserts, lush mountains, plains, etc...and GONE is the one-desert look for everything. Even the actual Sonoran Desert around Phoenix looks simply awesome! It really***LOOKS*** like the Sonoran Desert--and not the crap that was FSX pre my recent GEX installation. Hawaii, South and North Carolina, Kentucky, Michigan...all look like they should.This $29.95 addon has done the trick for me. FSX is now gorgeous to behold. Now why in the h*ll, could M.S. not have produced the ground textures that the gang behind FSX GEXnhanced did RIGHT OUT OF THE WRAPPER?!?Kudos to all behind this truly 'MUST HAVE' for FSX.In closing, FSX has simply been an extreme pleasure to use since having added GEXnhanced to it. My frame rates have not taken any sort of nose-dive at all----WONDERFUL!I have not added any form of Landclass other than the FSX's defaults, and believe me....they drive GEXnhanced at full throttle.With EVERYTHING cranked to the right and with frames set to unlimited, I am getting 12-29 FPS. This is fantastic.......and now back to flying---and exploring FSX, because now---it's simply a HOOT! :)Cheers!Mitch