Sign in to follow this  
toriu

GEXnhanced and FSX Pro...a great dancin' pair...:)

Well...with GEXnhanced 1.04 and FSX, you have a WORLD (well, USA and Canada) of VFR flight just waiting beyond that FSX boot-up.If this sounds like an ad for GEXnhanced...I simply don't really care! This ONE product has for me TOTALLY changed the way I feel about using and enjoying FSX. I have been hoggin' down on every type of flight, VFR, IFR, low-level airways, high-level airways---all of it, in sampling locations around North America (in fact, just taking a break with FSX on pause) and am being blown away by the switch-out of the default ground textures of FSX Pro and having been replaced by GEXnhanced's global textures. I am having a party!! Roads and freeways, prime and sub, are totally navigable by the fact that they are not washed out, are more of them, and traffic can be seen easily (and most enjoyably) in animation. I was having a hoot earlier on today in grabbing Interstate I94 and sticking with it as I flew over cities, towns, rural fields, tree-lots and parcels--all of it, and looking for the first time, so EASILY BELIEVABE...that I was concentrating totally on my sense of enjoyment, rather than on what I didn't like with 'this or that'. All of you know what I mean...the FSX 'grudging'....This simulation was delivering that sense of flight, of being there, of seeing topography in virtual microcosm. In simple language---all the elements to make you 'feel' above the terrain---is now there with GEXnhanced. Before I installed it in FSX Pro? No way....no way.Freeway interchanges are well defined. Houses fit their property size and lines--and look totally real, and no longer ridiculous. As you descend or ascend, everything now looks to be 'proportionally right to the eyes' as in real life. We have all flown for real. You all know what I mean by this.The blending of landscapes from urban to rural, from forested, to desert is again;BELIEVABLE! One flows into the other. Lord...do I feel great in stating that!(Can you tell I'm rather GEXnhanced FSX-enthused. No? Oh well then, I'll type on....)I love flying around the L.A. Basin as I spent my youth there. I have a humble Pent 4 3.4 GHz machine, and yet I can now have everything on the left side of the SCENERY DISPLAY box to the right except for my personal preference of water as 2x low. I have SCENERY COMPLEXITY at EXTREMELY DENSE, and AUTO SCENERY at the DENSE setting.I have GLOBAL TEXTURE at MEDIUM as I prefer the 'look' over anything higher. Personal choice, here. I am running at 1920x1200x32 resolution and go between 12-29 FPS set at unlimited. If I lock my FPS down, I chunk along. Unlimited on my machine brings me smooth frames and no stutter. Stutter City with locked-up FPS settings. With FS9---funny, it is the opposite.Getting back to L.A., this is a shining example of what GEXnhanced can do in making it 'as-real-as-it-gets'. You have the Valley and Basin surrounded by mountain ranges. You have the 'burbs and rural tract. You have great coastline to fly over...and GEXnhanced truly brings all the elements together for you. Before this--it was Cartoonsville. Washed out, pastel colors. No VITALITY! That was Pre-GEXnhanced. OK...my fingers are getting tired, and the Mooney is getting tired as well of being paused near Ontario, California. I want to buzz Palm Springs and perhaps land and play a round of golf...:0 Desert Hot Springs is waiting for me 30 miles away for some relaxing time in the natural spas.... Oh yes...I now feel like I'm back home.... Good job GEXnhanced-Crew. No...great job! Great Job!Edit After-thought: For all those still running with systems comparable to mine, give yourself a break, and try this add-on out. It might be all that you need to hang onto your system until you feel you want to make the multi-core jump/upgrade, and to start enjoying FSX alongside our venerable FS9. Also, if you do not want to run with AUTO-GEN scenery, you will absolutely enjoy the non-autogen textures. Most believable as well, and looks fabulous below you.VFR-Tourist Mitch, and lovin' it....

Er... are you sure you haven't installed UTX also...? A LOT (and I mean a LOT) of what you are describing (VFR-flying, roads, navigatable, etc.) comes with VFR and not GEX...

>Er... are you sure you haven't installed UTX also...? A LOT>(and I mean a LOT) of what you are describing (VFR-flying,>roads, navigatable, etc.) comes with VFR and not GEX...-----------------------Just came back to add something I thought of as I was flying..:)Nope...not UTX at all. Simply GEXnhanced and FSX default land-classes feeding it.:) The party continues! ;)Mitch'er

Guest Nick_N

I love it when a plan comes together *puff*

>>>I love it when a plan comes together *puff* ----------------------------------------Hello Nick!I was just getting back to my flight towards Palm Springs. I just saw your reply and wanted to say---Thank YOU for your work to enhance GEX. I only just bought it today and I have to tell you...before this morning, I was only using FSX as I had taken it back from my friend, and oh well...you know.......BUT...now? I'm LOVING IT! This one add-on is cream to coffee. Butter to toast...on and on...Great job, great product, and you have made me feel that no longer was my money wasted on FSX. Thumb's up, pal!Smilin' Mitch

...add utx and you get better lots of things including more cars on more roads, fex for the most beautiful clouds you have ever seen, and asx for the best weather/inflight weather! I have all the 'x's and feel the same way about all of them!http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest Nick_N

I can also highly recommentd UTX as well... FEX, UTX GEXn and FSG mesh,, they all work together to bring you the bast sim experiences.. other tiltes such as FTX are coming soon too.its a great year for simming!

Guest Nick_N

Fly LA Night... it should blow your socks off :)

Guest Stoopy

Curses!Was holding off against all the "must have" posts about this product but since I have UTX and FEX this sounds like a natural.....ohhh man after the new video card and CH setup this month, the wifey's gonna kill me...darn you Mitch.....darn you all to HECK! :)

>Curses!>>Was holding off against all the "must have" posts about this>product but since I have UTX and FEX this sounds like a>natural.....ohhh man after the new video card and CH setup>this month, the wifey's gonna kill me...darn you>Mitch.....darn you all to HECK! :)>--------------------------------------ROTFLMBO!~What can I say Stoopy? When I get enthused,...the fingers start tapping out words upon the keyboard, and it ends up..er..at AVSIM! :)BTW, you might get some sort of revenge. Now I am thinking of UTX as well! Sheesh....Cheers!Mitch

>...add utx and you get better lots of things including more>cars on more roads, fex for the most beautiful clouds you have>ever seen, and asx for the best weather/inflight weather! I>have all the 'x's and feel the same way about all of them!>http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpg>>My blog:>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/----------------------------Now, now, Geofa...be nice...keep those 'X's under wraps, LOL! Now you have me thinking about UT(X)...;)Mitch

Fly LA Night... it should blow your socks off :)---------------------Nick, funny that you mention that...for I was having such a blast with GEX in day runs, that I spent all my time yesterday doing just that. I'll spin a night flight over the Valley as soon as I post this! :)GEXnhanced saved FSX for me, as far as I am concerned. Other person's mileage will vary...as is for the course.Cheers!Mitch

Guest RichardL

Could someone explain in a bit of detail what all these bring to FSX?- UTX- FEX- GEXnI already have FSG Mesh and Landclass and have used previous versions of ActiveSky.Regards,Richard

I really like the sound of this as I have GE Pro for FS9, but this FSX version only seems to cover (so far) North America. I would have preferred a worldwide solution as I fly all over the place and the default textures (esp. winter) are really washed out. Will there be a worldwide version of GEXe eventually?

Guest lingfors

>Could someone explain in a bit of detail what all these bring>to FSX?>>- UTXRoads, rivers, shorelines, beaches, railroads, golf courses, graveyards, to name a few. All laid out according to real-life data. Throw in some enhanced landclasses for good measure.>- FEXBetter clouds, skies and water.>- GEXnBetter ground textures.