Sign in to follow this  
VS0

Anything more on the Blurries?

Okay, I've got my system back to my own custom settings and eliminated Nhancer just for simplicity. For the optimum display in my setup, I find that 8x anisotropic filtering set in the nVidia control panel works fine. The filtering setting in FSX graphics has little effect on this setting in the nVidia control panel. A screenshot is enclosed, which is what I think is the intended quality of display for FSX. If better hardware configuration can improve this picture, then I would like to know. For what I define as "blurries" can be achieved by setting anisotropic filtering in the nVidia control panel to "application-controlled" and setting filtering in FSX graphics to anything other than "anisotropic" as depicted in the other enclosed screenshot. Anyone truly experiencing blurries as shown in that screenshot should be sure filtering is set correctly before pursuing hardware solutions.ArtNow flying with: Biostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premiumhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/185352.jpg

Art

Nick,When you change that setting, it would appear you change two things, the close-in radius for high detail and the long-range radius for low detail texture loading.What we are looking for confirmation of, is that these two are indeed linked and cannot be adjusted independently.

Bert

Thx! ;)Yes, this is non-GEX Europe: hopefully it will look even better some time soon. :( Ever since I bought UTX Europe I can't stop flying above my own region! It's so much fun being able to really fly VFR and actually KNOW where you are! ;) The Ultralight is very slow, but it really gives you that 'being there' feeling. I almost get scared of the height sometimes.

Guest Nick_N

>Thx! ;)>>Yes, this is non-GEX Europe: hopefully it will look even>better some time soon. :( Ever since I bought UTX Europe I>can't stop flying above my own region! It's so much fun being>able to really fly VFR and actually KNOW where you are! ;) The>Ultralight is very slow, but it really gives you that 'being>there' feeling. I almost get scared of the height sometimes.Yes, I like the ultra for checking out tiles and tweaking themIn case anyone else comes across the Nhancer AA issue.. here is the setting that needs to be disabled:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/185355.jpgGood luck with your settings quest! And don't worry, Europe will shine just like North America and I have some ideas to make it better... better is always my targetany questions about something while you are tweaking, post'em! If not myself, someone usually comes up with a winner that works

Guest Zevious Zoquis

The difference I note with various TBM settings is the way the textures load when I pan around the VC. On my system, if I set it at 80 or lower I can see lots of gray texture squares when I pan quickly to either side in the VC (using mouse look). At 120, the textures pop into place fast enough that I really don't see the gray squares. This of course assumes that there isn't anything like really heavy clouds bogging things down...

For me, 30 or 400 doesn't make any difference. I don't see any grey squares and i always have sharp textures. Go figure.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest Nick_N

If that is the case, you want to leave it as low as possible.. As long at the texture loads are if fact keeping up with the speed of the aircraft, and sharp, then the lower than number the more resources are free to address other areasThe values I posted are not set in stone.. its a 'by system' setting and one of the last that should be addressed if tex loads are an issue.

Guest Nick_N

Bert,I sincerely apologize, I missed your post here. The forum software sometimes makes it difficult and confusing for us old folks LOLI do not think there is a way to separate the two.. Phil of course is the person who can answer that with an educated/factual statement. Mine is just a guess based on what I know of the inner workings. I do think the only way to adjust that is by the single setting unless Aces has a hidden setting availableSince this thread has gone several different directions and because Phil is busy and may miss your inquiry, perhaps starting a new one with the specifics of your question, and, the graphic you posted may produce a response faster.

hi guys ive been reading this Topic for a while and decided to downlaod Nhancer for my nvidia card however i have a few simple questions im sure somebody here will be able to answer.I have installed and opened nhancer I have then selected MS Flight Simulator X and configured the settings i want (filtering,anti-aliasing etc.) after this do i literally just close nhancer by the "x" in the corner or do i need to click an "apply" button somewhere?well for the mean time i have just been clicking the x and closing the window but there is a process running and a little icon in the tray.by ending this process in process manager does this "un-select" all the settings i specified previosuly?Thanks Richy

Guest Nick_N

>hi guys >ive been reading this Topic for a while and decided to>downlaod Nhancer for my nvidia card however i have a few>simple questions im sure somebody here will be able to>answer.>I have installed and opened nhancer I have then selected MS>Flight Simulator X and configured the settings i want>(filtering,anti-aliasing etc.) after this do i literally just>close nhancer by the "x" in the corner or do i need to click>an "apply" button somewhere?>well for the mean time i have just been clicking the x and>closing the window but there is a process running and a little>icon in the tray.>by ending this process in process manager does this>"un-select" all the settings i specified previosuly?>Thanks >RichyHi RichyYes, that is correct... settings are changed as soon as you make them in the interfaceTo be sure you have it all right... check this thread which has images and below those images are refined instructions I posted.http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=25186Scroll down to the 5th, 6th, 7th and 11th postKeep in mind, drivers and settings can vary from system to system but please do give that a try!:)EDIT: I am also helping someone here too...http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...?num=1203610289If your hardware is in line with his you can also try that list to work out slidersRemember, every system is different and even those which are made with the same parts may produce different results.. its all about finding the sweet-spot for your rig

You forgot to answer his question about closing nHancer or not. ;) Do you need to leave running nHancer in the background or can you shut it down altogether? Is there any advantage in letting it run at Windows startup? Funny enough I just entered this forum to ask the very same question. ;) I do have the impression all changes are saved in the registry and you can close nHancer down completely without losing benefit.BTW A few more things I noticed just now while testing some more: on MY system having fps at Unlimited gives me 1 or 2 extra fps. I have a saved flight above KLAX and with quite high settings (the ones I posted yesterday) I got an average of 24 there! I also tested the effect of using the Classic theme in Vista instead of the Vista theme: it didn't make a difference on my computer (rebooted in between tests). Furthermore I tried various Bufferpool settings and those to, just like the TBM didn't make a difference I could notice. I did test quite 'easy' btw (letting the plane fly for a minute and a half on AP while changing views at certain points).

Guest Nick_N

OppppsssSorry, I was not clear... nOPE close it and all settings are madeand my instructions do state quite clearly the Nhancer SERVICE runs in the background which means the interface and its tray icon are not needed... that can be disabled when the program is installed or from the menu afterSet it. And Forget it!:)

Guest Nick_N

>Thank you! :)your welcome, boss I wont let it happen again!LOLseriously, thanks... I dont want anyone confused because I post fast and sometimes what I post can be unclear.