Sign in to follow this  
VS0

Anything more on the Blurries?

yeah thanks from me aswell was a great helpi just went and changed the settings to what looked good and have lost around 3-7 fps ooooops so ill research and see whats best,cheersRichy

Guest Nick_N

As I said Rich.. its a matter of working those slidersLeave the drivers as they are and work the sliders. J van E found the same thing... you have to work those sliders to find what works for your systemSince you did not list system components I can not make suggestions and the FSX settings list I posted in the other forum may be too much for your hardware.

my system is q6600 quad,4gb ram,asus 8800 gts 512mbas you said i will just keep working the sliders till i get the best out of fsx and my systemthanksRichy

>I have installed and opened nhancer I have then selected MS>Flight Simulator X and configured the settings i want> (filtering,anti-aliasing etc.) Did you duplicate the FSX preset first? And did you select the settings you wanted or exactly copied the settings from NickN's posts? I advice you to do so (duplicate the preset and simply copy all settings in the FSX preset AND in the Global settings) before you start moving the sliders! (Just to be sure I even set up the disabled original FSX preset with those settings. ;) )

Guest Nick_N

Yes, I did not mention that but you can do that after it is disabled. It wont allow any changes while it is enabled, but once you duplicate it, you can go back and change the original profile nvidia locked, tooThat is making the settings 3 times but it also ensures a nvidia change does not pull a 'fast-one' and muck up the worksIts really not necessary but you can do it none the lessthe important thing is to make sure PROFILE and GLOBAL are both changed with the follow up in the Nvidia Driver control to confirm Vsync and the monitor settings

Guest Nick_N

What About addons... are you running UTX or others that may require some tweaking?Also.. The biggest drawback to not being able to use settings your hardware SHOULD support is background activity in Windows... AV products, Security products, a list of startup programs that are not needed, etc, etc, etc,.. the more processes that are running, and, if their nature is to poll for CPU and memory, you CAN expect a system you would think that would run certain settings, not be able to keep upA good defrag solution is also critical... do not expect the Windows defrag tool to do the job, AT ALL.. :)

NickN,One suggestion to one of your suggestions above. I recommend the user start "testing" any changes in FSX with the AI Aircraft settings at ZERO. Reason? With the proliferation of different AI "packages" available, there is no real "standard" of what a 10%, 30%, 50% AI setting is anymore. In my case, for instance, with MyTrafficX installed, a roughly 15% aircraft AI setting in FSX now produces the equivalent of 100% default FSX AI Aircraft traffic. Add to this equation the fact that different AI packages use different modeling techniques (some models being more "frame rate friendly" than others), and you have a problem right from the start. If a user STARTS testing new configurations with ZERO AI, then finds their "problem" is solved, they can THEN start cranking up the AI settings in FSX until things go belly-up again. Some users will be able to crank it up more than others based on the above AI factors I mentioned.Eliminate as many variables as possible first. Then once the "main" problem is solved (blurries), start cranking up the "variable" sliders (AI Aircraft) that may produce different results for different users based on the different AI packages they have. I've used this method since FS9 to resolve problems, and it saves a lot of confusion between "comparing FS settings" in different user posts.(EDIT: See what happens when you tell me it's OK to come out from my cave??? Reference a post in the GEXn forum :-walksmile ) Rick

Rick Ryan

Guest Nick_N

My comments were based on a DEFAULT install... not one with high/low impact addonsYou ALWAYS set up FSX with NO ADD-ONS first... then add them in and slowtly tune for each oneIf a problem arrises.. you know what started it :)And my advice in that with J van E was because he has been fighting the blurries for a while and I wanted to eliminate an area and allow him to add it back in and see the results as he doesIts a diagnostic,... and to try and diagnose something with tons of add-ons going, it's rough to know what is doing what, so, its best to eliminate, set up.. verify, and add in one by one till its all smoothAnd that goes for controllers as well I leave them out of the loop and fly keyboard till its all tuned in, then add the controller

Yeah...I knew that...and I knew YOU knew that, too. ;-)But we do get a lot of "newbies" in the forums that might not realize some of the things us ol' geezers who started flight simming with Commodore 64's learned over the years (er...decades??). :-beerchugRick

Rick Ryan

Guest Nick_N

>Yeah...I knew that...and I knew YOU knew that, too. ;-)>>But we do get a lot of "newbies" in the forums that might not>realize some of the things us ol' geezers who started flight>simming with Commodore 64's learned over the years>(er...decades??). :-beerchug>>RickROFL!!

would just like to mention again how grateful i am for the help and support found here. I have been tweaking for the last 4 hours and have read all the support and my fsx is much much MUCH better in terms of performance and ofcourse those darn blurries.ThanksRichy

Guest Nick_N

Awesome Rich!Thats very GOOD to hear... There are a lot of really talented people around here who are very experienced.if you have any other questions.. fire away, and someone will get on it:)

well i know im in the wrong forum but im in a rush. I was hoping to start a flight to new york and then wake up tomorrow morning and land before acctually flying this flight in real life its heathrow-jfk american airlines 772.i was just wondeirng if any of you guys have the wilco 777 and if you know ANY places to get an american or united wilco 777 texture ive hunted EVERYWHERE.thanks guysRichy

Small addition: right now I am converted to flying without my precious autogen... Scenery complexity is Extremely dense, but Autogen is off altogether. Apart from the obvious fps boost this gives (and what a boost it is), I also have to say everything looks more realistic from 1500 ft and up... Okay, taking off and landing isn't that beautiful, but once you are up there... I did a lot of switching but without autogen it simply looks more real: in the distance but also when you look straight down (and providing the inbuild shadows on the textures are on the right side... ;) ). Somehow turning on autogen spoils the feeling of height, as if it's all too big and to clear. I also can't get really used to the popup since SP1...Important: this is my view NOW because I have UTX Europe! UTX makes everything 'real' because you now actually know and can see where you are. When I look down I mainly look at the roads and rivers I want to follow (and the cars on them to make the world alive!). This all enhances the experience a few 100%. ;) Without UTX nothing down there would make sense and I'd surely turn on autogen in order to have something to look at...

Guest Nick_N

>Small addition: right now I am converted to flying without my>precious autogen... Scenery complexity is Extremely dense, but>Autogen is off altogether. Apart from the obvious fps boost>this gives (and what a boost it is), I also have to say>everything looks more realistic from 1500 ft and up... Okay,>taking off and landing isn't that beautiful, but once you are>up there... I did a lot of switching but without autogen it>simply looks more real: in the distance but also when you look>straight down (and providing the inbuild shadows on the>textures are on the right side... ;) ). Somehow turning on>autogen spoils the feeling of height, as if it's all too big>and to clear. I also can't get really used to the popup since>SP1...>>Important: this is my view NOW because I have UTX Europe! UTX>makes everything 'real' because you now actually know and can>see where you are. When I look down I mainly look at the roads>and rivers I want to follow (and the cars on them to make the>world alive!). This all enhances the experience a few 100%. ;)>Without UTX nothing down there would make sense and I'd surely>turn on autogen in order to have something to look at...Well, thats what GEXn Europe will do for you when the time comes.. part of the process is to restructure and organize the autogen so you DONT have to turn it down... in many places you can turn it UP..... and those using UTX USACanada and GEXn (or just GEXn alone) are reaping the rewards of that process now. :)