Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nick_N

How do you seek a refund for a product from Flight1?

I purchased UTX-USA today, and found it not for me. So, how do you seek a refund on a Flight1 purchase?Can someone please run me through the steps necessary?Thanks!Mitch

Mike stated that I had not perhaps given UTX-USA 'time enough' to blend in on my system, so I reinstalled it, took a pencil to pad, and in spending the whole day working with the different masks to customize the program, actually (7 hours of tweaks, not complaining...) am happy to report that it is running somewhat decent on my P4 3.4 GHz.If you have a non-multi core machine, you can get it to work at acceptable levels enough to use the program's contents.Thanks Mike, for the kick-in-the-pants. :) Sometimes we all need one.As a result, I closed my ticket on Flight1's site and no refund for program is being further requested. Case closed.Mitch R.

>Mike stated that I had not perhaps given UTX-USA 'time>enough' to blend in on my system, so I reinstalled it, took a>pencil to pad, and in spending the whole day working with the>different masks to customize the program, actually (7 hours of>tweaks, not complaining...) am happy to report that it is>running somewhat decent on my P4 3.4 GHz.>>If you have a non-multi core machine, you can get it to work>at acceptable levels enough to use the program's contents.>>Thanks Mike, for the kick-in-the-pants. :) Sometimes we all>need one.>>As a result, I closed my ticket on Flight1's site and no>refund for program is being further requested. >>Case closed.>>Mitch R.Mitch: Can you explain/expand on the comment "...I had not perhaps given UTX-USA 'time enough' to blend in on my system..."?-George

>>Mike stated that I had not perhaps given UTX-USA 'time>>enough' to blend in on my system, so I reinstalled it, took>a>>pencil to pad, and in spending the whole day working with>the>>different masks to customize the program, actually (7 hours>of>>tweaks, not complaining...) am happy to report that it is>>running somewhat decent on my P4 3.4 GHz.>>>>If you have a non-multi core machine, you can get it to work>>at acceptable levels enough to use the program's contents.>>>>Thanks Mike, for the kick-in-the-pants. :) Sometimes we all>>need one.>>>>As a result, I closed my ticket on Flight1's site and no>>refund for program is being further requested. >>>>Case closed.>>>>Mitch R.>>Mitch: Can you explain/expand on the comment "...I had not>perhaps given UTX-USA 'time enough' to blend in on my>system..."?>>-George--------------------------------Hello George,I used that term, 'blend in' to mean that because it (a UTX-'X') product draws on your FPS-pool because of its system resource needs, and the fact that UTX- overlays upon your ground textures (in my case, GEXnhanced), I spent hours tweaking with UTX-USA and Canada's different custom windows adding values, etc, and then going back to firing up FSX and viewing my changes/tweaks UNTIL (subjective) I liked what I saw below me. In a nutshell, I 'blended' in the two UTX programs to be pleasing to my (again subjective) eye with the already-awesome GEXnhanced. I decided to purchase UTX-Canada as well, as I fly a lot around the Great Lakes and wanted continuity.After my pulls and tugs, I get anywhere from 10-24 FPS with both GEXnhanced and UTX-USA and CANADA installed alongside FSX. Not a screamer, but FSX is flyable and aircraft-controllable still at 12 FPS when it drops there because of what is happening upon the display. I still can run UTX's global textures at 1M. If I go to the middle ground of 2M, my FPS pool climbed in general at over 5-10 FPS. It looks good as well at the 2M texture level, but.... I still like UTX matching GEXnhanced at the 1M for a balanced look below me.Hope this helps,Mitch

Guest Nick_N

Mitch, if your system is really stressed you can also disable the 2 UTX NIGHT LIGHTING layers... this may help you further if you have not already done so.I also disable the glaciers, railway stations, highway interchanges and do not use the secondary roads, just the main roads... that is of course my personal preference.With UTX roads car traffic can increase, watching that FSX setting and keeping it in check can help.. slower systems may want to turn off cars in the FSX traffic settings or keep them at 5% and under.:)

>>Mitch, if your system is really stressed you can also disable>the 2 UTX NIGHT LIGHTING layers... this may help you further>if you have not already done so.>>I also disable the glaciers, railway stations, highway>interchanges and do not use the secondary roads, just the main>roads... that is of course my personal preference.>>>With UTX roads car traffic can increase, watching that FSX>setting and keeping it in check can help.. slower systems may>want to turn off cars in the FSX traffic settings or keep them>at 5% and under.------------------------------------Hi Nick,Thank you for the post and your thoughts. I have come quite used to seeing all that night-life below me now...and it would kill me to drop it from view, ROTFLMBO! Man..how easy does one get used to something that looks good. I said that some things were 'superfluous' in another post to Mike (Cruchan). I will accept any heat for that. FSX has come alive with UTX USA and Canada. For what is happening now after some tweaking work, I will accept the lower end of my FPS scale. Actually, I would rather have just a 'clear sky.no clouds' scenario than drop all the eye-glitter. It truly adds to the feel of the flight, seeing those street lights and all. I can actually run with RealWeather though! I'll eat CROW for my comment about being superfluous and beg off that I was frustrated at that time and given to some mild-flavored venting, lol. I will drop the glaciers, and railway stations as you have suggested, but absolutely love the interchanges! Can't do that one! :))I am enjoying the GEXnhanced and UTX experience most largely...lol.One quick question as you read this. Can you please explain what the UTX GENhanced textures are (I have installed them) and you mentioned that there was a GEXhanced update for UTX users. I have v1.04 of GEXnhanced. Is this the one you meant, or will there be another one that blends even better the two program's textures and overlay? Thanks, and waiting on your reply. :)Edit Post: Nick, I just came back from removing the MINOR roads, Urban and Rural and will see what impact that has on FPS. I will also inactivate both lighting masks and report what FPS THAT does as well. If it is only one or two, then I will re-activate the street lighting as I do like what I see.Cheers!Mitch

Guest Nick_N

Hi Mitch.. If you really like the night lights from UTX but would like a trade-off, try disabling just the main road night lighting but leave the "intersection lighting" enabled... the GEXn textures incorporate an entire new night environment and the combination is a good trade off for performance and looks.However some systems are simply going to have problems with the night lights. This is not a UTX issue and they give the user the ability to configure based on their hardware ability.The GEXn/UTX texture enhancements are changes to graveyards, easements, road encasements, etc that help UTX match GEXn so you can not see differences in the texturesAnd yes, I am currently developing a patch that replaces the UTX LUX Custom industrial layer with a GEXn enhanced version. It will maintain ALL the wonderful UTX sights, but change the night lighting from them to match GEX, and, upgrade the UTX textures to GEXn standards.I am working with Allen at UTX to be sure it matches the patch they are going to release so nothing is lost, just upgraded so it matches GEXn

>>>Hi Mitch.. >>If you really like the night lights from UTX but would like a>trade-off, try disabling just the main road night lighting but>leave the "intersection lighting" enabled... the GEXn textures>incorporate an entire new night environment and the>combination is a good trade off for performance and looks.>>However some systems are simply going to have problems with>the night lights. This is not a UTX issue and they give the>user the ability to configure based on their hardware>ability.>>The GEXn/UTX texture enhancements are changes to graveyards,>easements, road encasements, etc that help UTX match GEXn so>you can not see differences in the textures>>And yes, I am currently developing a patch that replaces the>UTX LUX Custom industrial layer with a GEXn enhanced version.>It will maintain ALL the wonderful UTX sights, but change the>night lighting from them to match GEX, and, upgrade the UTX>textures to GEXn standards.>>I am working with Allen at UTX to be sure it matches the patch>they are going to release so nothing is lost, just upgraded so>it matches GEXn>>---------------------------------------------Nick, I am on pause right now from a landing...and will post a separate post on that..but..Just want to say...that I am now having the TIME OF MY LIFE using flight sims. FSX in particular. I will remove what you stated and please read my separate post. I'm sure you will smile over it..lol.I can't wait for that patch! Can you please use the forum to state when and where it will be found for download? Thank you, Nick!Mitch R.

Guest Nick_N

Yes, in the GEX Support Fourm here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=38and I have an update thread going there so you can stay in touch with how close we are to release... hopefully in a few days.Its really nice to hear you are now having fun with FSX.. I know it can be a drag and a bit intimidating at first but once you get to know the system and the settings, it can be a lot of fun and alll work really well

Don't forget that product patches most times can get posted on the front page. The only exception would be for very minor ones that most would consider non performance type upgrades or merely small enhancements. ;)

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply