Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevehow

We need FSNavigator back...

I have tried both FlightSim Commander and FSBuild and do not like either one... they seem to be made for airline flights with automatic flight builds. FS Nav was not only built into FS, but it was SO easy to use (very easy to go where you wanted to go, just click to add flightplan waypoints, etc). I can't even get FlightSim commander to add a waypoint unless I go with automatic flightplan building, which I don't want. I really do miss FSNav...Like someone said, I wish they wouldve at least released the code or something so someone else could mess around with it and try to get it working in FSX.

Well as my Dad used to say:"Wish in one hand and s#$% in the other.FSnav was great but it's history.Actually I'm using FSC now and after getting used to it it's very easyto use. You can manually insert waypoints, VOR's NDB's etc. If you gothrough the tutorials you will find out that it's quite flexible.The best thing about it is that it's freestanding.CraigLian Li PC 65B CaseCorsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power SupplyPlextor PX-810SA/SW-BL DVD/CDGiagabyte GA-P35-DS3RCrucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)Arctic Freezer 7 ProIntel E6850 Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz 4M shared L2 Cache @ 3.6 GHzEVGA 7950GT KO 512mb 169.21_forceware whqlSeagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATASeagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATAWinXP Pro SP2

Well I'll probably have to read some more because I did find out "how" to add waypoints but it doesn't respond... nothing gets added. I do like how it's freestanding but at the same time, FSX bogs down really bad in windowed mode (5fps as opposed to 40 in fullscreen)

Todd...You're not alone! I can't believe someone hasn't replicated it exactly as it was. What a business opportunity. Just the simple "fly too", "move airplane", and "drag ILS frequencies", on a second monitor, were worth the price of it for the casual flyer.I've never understood why Aces has not incorporated that into their "top down" view. They say they want new customers but do not want to provide the simple and uncomplicated things the inexperienced flyer needs to get around.A duplication of FS Navigator in FS-11 is number one on my wish list.Bob (Las Cruces, NM)

In FSC you have to crate a flightplan first to be able to add other waypoints, but departure and arrival airpost are all you need in the first place. Then rightclick on any navaid to insert it to your plan.Running FSC on a separate computer is very convenient, so if you have an old pc somewhere, or a laptop, hook them together with WideFS :-)What I miss in FSC is an easy way to find the runway number (you know, 1L, 24R etc.). In FSC I have to find the airport description, and then deduct the runway number by looking at the runway heading in the list of runways.In FS Navigator you only need to hover over the end of the runway to find the numbers.Please let me know if there is an easier way in FSC!Eagle

Guest SanH

I totally agree. FSNavigator was awesome. I too have not found any other tool that compares to it. I think there is a big hole in the market waiting for someone to fill.

Guest stevehow

HI me too ..posted ages ago saying the same thing.only thing that sounds promising is something that the guys from HIFISIM are working on..they are not saying much tho. steve

Guest gmorar

Hi,Any news from HIFISIM... ? I'm desperate looking for a flight planner similar to FSNavigator...Regards.

Guest SanH

Dont think it really matters. Even if someone decides to make one it will be several months away from being released.Probably when FS11 comes out :)

There is a really nice and simple freeware program for airports.Search for airport chart.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

>What I miss in FSC is an easy way to find the runway number>(you know, 1L, 24R etc.). In FSC I have to find the airport>description, and then deduct the runway number by looking at>the runway heading in the list of runways.Close to the airport name is a small white dot (mostly in the center) - when you hover your cursor over this dot, the complete data pops up.Heiko

Todd,If you are running Vista, auto hide the taskbar to get back your lost FPS in windowed mode.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11