Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

How to stop AVG antivirus scan from deleting my addon f...

My AVG anti virus program is picking out mostly Flight1 exe files and either deleting them or placing them in a "vault" (not sure how I can get it out of the vault).It never used to do this before... Any ideas why that is happening all of a sudden? anyone else using AVG have similar problem?Mannyhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/185349.jpg

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest cbuchner1

Likely there is an infection on those executables.Have these been downloaded directly from the manufacturer's web site?

Guest Nick_N

Yes Manny this was reported and it is a FALSE positive assuming these are indeed Flight1 files and not acquired from any other source..Also, this -was not reported- as wide spread as you are showing,.. it was only one file for a single installer so I do not know where all these are coming from unless AVG had a recent update and is listing these items false now.Disable AVG from the tray, restore your files and then set the AV to IGNORE those files... you will need to run its configuration and access its IGNORE list to do so

Manny, I've had the same problem recently(in the last week) no doubt from an AVG update. The files are legal files downloaded from Flight 1 so it has to be a false positive.CraigLian Li PC 65B CaseCorsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power SupplyPlextor PX-810SA/SW-BL DVD/CDGiagabyte GA-P35-DS3RCrucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)Arctic Freezer 7 ProIntel E6850 Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz 4M shared L2 Cache @ 3.6 GHzEVGA 7950GT KO 512mb 169.21_forceware whqlSeagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATASeagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATAWinXP Pro SP2

It's definitely a false positive.Since FS2Crew uses the Flight1 Wrapper, we got nailed by this, too.The solution is to disable AVG via the AVG Control Center.Hopefully AVG will issue an update soon to prevent this from happening.-Bryan

Yep had/have the same problem cant downlaod the flight1 atr i recieve an error message saying windows cannot open the file or i do not have the appropriate permission to access this item EVEN WITH AVG DISABLED I GET THIS so ill try downlaoding the atr in a few weeks and hopefully a miracle might happen.. who knows.Richy

Sometimes poorly designed anti-virus systems do not allow you to fully disable them. Check carefully at the services level. Some users had to result to uninstalling before.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

ok thank you steve ill try that this afternoon im spending the whole of today re-tweaking fsx. Already managed to scrape back 5 fps from a few tweaks and im curently trying out the autogen tweaks now.Richy

Same here, except even worse.I had AVG set to a acheduled scan every night. It disables the drivers for my secondary Video card and my third and/or fourth monitors are blank every morining. I can simply reinstall them and everything works fine, but to do this every morning is a pain in the neck.Thanks for the info guys:RTH

If you want to disable AVG temporarily, do the following:1. Start the AVG Free Control Center2. Click on 'View' and select 'Reduced Mode'3. Right click 'Resident Shield' and select 'Properties'4. Uncheck 'Turn on AVG Free Resident Shield protection'5. Click 'Apply' and then 'OK'A warning will pop up in the System tray. Just close it.To reactivate the 'Resident Shield' just right-click on it and select 'Activate'Mike

To add to what others have said..There are a number of Anti virus programs which report or isolate clean files as if they were a threat to users.We've experienced user feedback which proves the "false positive" is the fault of the virus protection software. Our longtime use of the Flight One ecommerce wrapper system has proven to us that some virus protection software simply see legitimate files as threats and isolates them.The solution has already been outlined above so won't repeat it here but we do say that no honest or legitimate vendor would release a dirty file.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

ouuuuch that sounds bad.i will try the fixes and other things as soon as ive finished my wahington-detroit 737 run about another 30 minutes left to go.Thanks for help and supportflight1 are a GREAT company and am sure would never send out a bad file.Thanks to allRichy

Anti-virus companies are increasing their programs to respond to certain types of threats.They are not calling these programs viruses - and I doubt AVG calls them a virus. But because the programs have a function to cause the program to contact an outside server/ site - the AV program logic says this a threat.One thing you should do when you get a report / action like that where a known good file is moved to the vault or deleted, find the mechanism to submit the file to the Anti-virus company for analysis.I also follow up with a customer support ticket, or post on the forums and keep complaining if they cannot find an actual virus in the file.Let them know paying customers are unhappy.It also goes with out saying that freeware anti-virus is worth exactly what you pay for it.

wehaaaay thank you VERY VERY much the atr installer works and ill be purchasing it as soon as i can get hold of my Mothers credit card ;)Thanks guysRichy