Sign in to follow this  
PhilTaylor

FSX & nHancer settings:Quad SLI

I run 2x GeForce 7950 GX2's and have SLI "enabled".Does FSX recognise quad SLI?nHancer shows me SLI options e.g Tick box to allow activation & then options of 4xS, 8xS, 8xS9 (old)? ,12xS & 16xS. I have SLI enabled via the Control Panel, but if I select Quad SLI in nHancer I get really weird visuals and almost split screen effect.Anyone advice regarding FSX & Quad SLI recognition (SLI is set in the default nHancer FSX Profile) & what the Quad SLI optional settings mean if they screw up my visuals when chosen.Regards to all.jc

Thanks for the information. Am I enhancing anything by having SLI enabled or am I reducing performance considering SLI is not recognised.I only use the PC for web surfing and FSX period.

>FSX does not recognize SLI period wether it be dual or quad.That's true, however with SLI he will be able to use higher levels of AA without a performance penalty, so it's not a total waste! It just won't do anything to increase FPS he would have without SLI! I do agree though a quad SLI would be overkill for FSX!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Forgot to ask...... why does nHancer have a built in FSX profile which clearly mentions SLIQuote:SLI:AFR3(0x0240020E)DX10-SLI AFR(0x000000F1) This option does not appear on PCs without SLI in nHancer options so I assume the FSX profile may be different in non sli.Just interested to know if I am gaining anything, losing anything with sli enabled, and why have a profile provided which mentions a non recognisable feature.

As I posted on my blog about a year ago, FSX does not have to "do" anything, SLI happens in the driver. I posted that with quotes from the nVidia developer doc.We do have to "avoid" using the D3D API in a way that can break SLI. I do not believe we use the API that way. What we found is, that due to the fact FSX is still CPU bound, that SLI does not have an impact until 16x12 or 19x12 resolutions with 8x or 16x AA.