Sign in to follow this  
Peter Z KCLE_EDDN

AOPA Membership?

I am already a member of the EAA and probably 6-8 weeks from getting my Sport Pilot license. I wanted to ask whether members here feel an AOPA membership is worthwhile? Regards,John

Guest USAF_Medic

I just joined AOPA myself. I'm starting lessons at the Holloman AFB Aero Club shortly after my Class-3 physical on 7 Feb 07!

Guest christianholmes

Totally worth it!You not only get the sweet free gifts (I use the bag, and wear the hat- total a really excited user here :) ) but you get online access to some great weather tools and flight planner, plus the magazines and e-mail tips are great.100% worth it.Oh... and they have CHEAP life insurance for pilots- A MUST HAVE even if you already have some- most life insurance has exclusions for plane accidents. Just make sure you sign up for the insurance when you join, or you won't be able to until the next year.

"Oh... and they have CHEAP life insurance for pilots- A MUST HAVE even if you already have some- most life insurance has exclusions for plane accidents."Interesting point. When I took out my current policy six years ago I was not flying. I called up my insurance carrier and asked when it appeared I would solo because my policy did not reference flying. I am covered. There was no exclusion written into my policy because at the time, I gave an honest answer that I wasn't flying. Which is a good deal right now--I have read online that some quotes being applied to low time pilots are exceeding $2000. That on top of the initial hull/liability premium I'd expect to pay would have been just too much--over half of my house payment.-John

Guest christianholmes

Speaking of that- Where do you download the Cherokee 6 from? I couldn't find it on the site. Does it definately work in FSX?

Yes it works in FSX, but right now I can't find the link for it.

Can't help but also add a big YES to an AOPA membership. I just received my 5 year anniversary pin.....made me really proud although not nearly as long as Larry or Geof ;-)I can't say enough about their efforts regarding 'user fees' and other important issues we GA flyers face on a daily basis. Great Magazine and website on top of it. Almost forgot the free airport directory (in print form). Please forgive me if I can't list all the perks, just to many to list them. All free with a membership!! Great stuff, couldn't imagine not being a member anymore.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11