Sign in to follow this  
VS0

what happened here...

a few weeks ago I loaded up at san fransisco intl(KSFO) to find that there was almost no terminal buldings at the airport all scenery sliders are on max but still no buildings.But... the most annoying thing i have come accross in fsx (after the ctd)is the fact that at almost all my major airports e.g San Fransisco,Los Angeles,Detroit and so on my taxiway signs are in the middle of the taxiways.I have google and avsim searched this several times but still I cannot find help anywhere.Anybody got any suggestions?If im allowed to post screenshots i can (if one of the kind avsim people tells me how).ThanksRichy

Guest firehawk44

My taxiway signs are in the taxiways too and I assume this is the default FSX location. I suspect the taxiway signs are in the grassy areas alongside the taxiways in real life? For me it's not a big thing but perhaps a modified AFCAD can modify the location of these signs. Do not understand why you have few terminal buildings at KSFO. With your settings set to max, you're increasing the amount of memory required to run FSX and it may be possible these buildings are not being rendered properly due to low memory resources. You do not state anything about your system so it's difficult to determine the capability of your system; however, no current computer system can run FSX at max settings for any length of time without crashing, especially if you loaded a payware aircraft. I have a very powerful system and have my settings all lowered and it runs better and the scenery is crisp and clear. Check your scenery.cfg and make sure it's not corrupted and then make sure you have not inadvertently disabled a scenery object in the scenery library. If none of these suggestions work, you may have to uninstall and reinstall FSX or do a repair.Best regards,Jim

i run just flights traffic 2005 for fsx this may have changed something. with san fransisco i could just hold on until theres some scenery around freeware or payware.Its just very annoying with the taxi signs because theyre slap bang in the middle of the taxi-way and i have to run-over them and it just really detracts from the realism.as for my system i run a Intel core 2 duo Quad Q6600,4gb RAM,1x Asus 8800gts 512mb and windows XP PRO.ah well ill just have to make do with KSFO and find out how to fix my taxi signs as this is my highest priority at the moment in terms of "fixing" FSX.ThanksRichy

Guest firehawk44

I just did some further research and looked for taxiway signs in the AVSIM Library and found one freeware program which allows you to move and add FSX scenery objects to include adding taxiway signs. Look for sbuilderx310.zip in the library and see if that helps. I think there are payware packages too but will let others comment on that as I'm not familiar with any of them. Based on your system specs, I would definitely turn your FSX settings down. Jim

ok thank you very much for the file and ill research into it now.why turn my settings down? my system can handle fsx pretty well at high settingsRichy

Guest JimC1702

My guess is that it's Just Flight that's causing your problems. I bought and installed their two Military Plus Packs and had the same issues. Airport buildings disappeared, taxiway signs were misplaced, and places were parked through buildings. As soon as I removed the Military Plus Packs, everything was right again. Too bad since I liked having the military trafic.JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

a few weeks ago I loaded up at san fransisco intl(KSFO) to find that there was almost no terminal buldings at the airport all scenery sliders are on max but still no buildings.But... the most annoying thing i have come accross in fsx (after the ctd)is the fact that at almost all my major airports e.g San Fransisco,Los Angeles,Detroit and so on my taxiway signs are in the middle of the taxiways.Want to make sure we're talking FSX here.Taxiway Signs - while there are taxiway signs on ramps in FSX due to the way they are created - they are in valid locations based on how taxiways on ramps are named - and I've seen some in those locations in my travels, not often, but some.If they are on the taxiways, you are not looking at the default airport scenery but an addon you have installed. That new airfield data file has moved the taxiways and not the taxiway signs.One of the most common causes is using FS2004 AFCAD files in FSX. Just Flight Traffic programs include FS2004 AFCAD files but do not include FSX compliant files to my knowledge.SbuilderX is an excellent program with a lot of functionality in FSX. It's not the best FSX replacement for AFCAD. Those would be Airport Design Editor (ADE - http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/), FSXPlanner (FSXP - http://www.zbluesoftware.com/fsxplanner/index.cfm) and Airport Facilitator X (AFX - http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=afxv1)AFX is payware while ADE and FSXP are freeware. However, ADE and FSXP require that you have the Deluxe version of FSX with the SP1 or SP2 SDK installed.KSFO Terminal - Unlike FS2004, the terminal building at KSFO and many major airports are one model object. Placing a tower view, moving the tower view can create a conflict due to the bounding box of the tower object which excludes the default terminal object.The clear symptom that this is the cause is you have all the jetways at KSFO, but no buildings for the jetways to be connected.Look to see is a Just Flight Airports folder or similar name was added to you FSX setup and made active in the scenery library. AFCAD files might have been added to the Addon SceneryScenery folder.

ok well i would just like to say how absoltely fantastically amazing you people are. i removed the just flight scenery folder then loaded up at san fransisco and detroit to find to my astonishment that ALL taxi-way signs were in the correct positions ALL terminal buildings and jetbridges were there and it looks so so so much better.I then loaded up at some other big airports to find that i was missing much more scenery than i thought and now all my scenery is there.Thanks a ton guysRichy

Guest firehawk44

Great response Reggie and excellent info. Thanks!Best regards,Jim

Guest fsxmissionguy

So, the moral of the story is ... when you suddenly see massive changes in default FSX functionality, like entire airports gone missing, you can almost bet the farm that a third-party application is at the root of the issue.It's beyond my imagination how Just Flight can release a product which has the effects you described.