Sign in to follow this  
Guest abulaafia

Help Needed- Garbled text in flight.

Guest JIMJAM

For as long as I can remenber, with my Nvidia cards, when I flew through any type of cloud,fog with Active Sky running, any tool tips the mouse would open up were black,blurry and unreadable.Without Active Sky, No problems.I simply accepted it.Now jump ahead to presesent. I have XP,sp2 with most all the addons including Active sky X.However, even with none of the addons running, every now and then the tool tips and black and unreadable. The atc text looks blurry and unreadable. It comes and goes during a flight.Sorry for the long intro but the question.What causes blurry text in flight? Im sure it probably has to do with video drivers. Anyone have simular problems. Any HELP appreciated.BYW-XP,SP2,8800GT and Im guessin most all the addons there are.

Guest JIMJAM

With the infinite number of variables and the Nvidia FSX curse,trying to find the magic setting is,has gotten very old.I run Nhancer and will try some different settings.Anymore, I hold my breath when need to use the menu for anything inflight.Its 50/50 if FSX is going to ctd.

>With the infinite number of variables and the Nvidia FSX>curse,trying to find the magic setting is,has gotten very>old.>I run Nhancer and will try some different settings.>Anymore, I hold my breath when need to use the menu for>anything inflight.>Its 50/50 if FSX is going to ctd.If you are using FSX with SP2 then maybe that is the culprit.

Same here with ATI, menu blurries (not textures :) ) Or sometimes only _ _ _ _ in the menu. Moving some sliders down (scenery and autogen) mostly cures this when going to windowed mode and then back to full screen.Regards, Gerrit

Guest abulaafia

sounds like you are both applying AA where it shouldn't be. Unlike FS9, FSX should run without 3rd pary GPU tweakers like ATI Traytools or nhancer. Those tools will always try to AA the entire image, including on-screen text. For Nvidia, try "let application decide" and set AA in FSX.