Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

Shockwave

Anyone know if these folks are still in business. I purchased (at least I think I did) a product from them a few days ago and have yet to receive a registration key. Without the key I can't unlock the software.I've e-mailed them several times with no answer. Maybe they only come in once a month or something. It wouldn't surprise me in the least. Seems lately there are a whole bunch of so-called developers that are long on taking your money and short on providing product service. For that matter, charging someone for something that can't be used is fraud and in my recollection is against the law.fb

>Anyone know if these folks are still in business. I>purchased (at least I think I did) a product from them a few>days ago and have yet to receive a registration key. Without>the key I can't unlock the software.>>I've e-mailed them several times with no answer. Maybe they>only come in once a month or something. It wouldn't surprise>me in the least. Seems lately there are a whole bunch of>so-called developers that are long on taking your money and>short on providing product service. For that matter, charging>someone for something that can't be used is fraud and in my>recollection is against the law.>>fbPretty unfair and harsh criticism against a company that GIVES YOU THE KEY as part of the receipt when you buy the aeroplane. All you have to do is Alt-PrintScreen the process as you make the purchase, then save it to the same folder you're downloading the aircraft to. There's a "check-out.asp"; a "Purchase Conformation" screen; PLUS a confirmation email thanking you for the order. Right there when you buy it - not sent later.As far as reputation - anyone who's been in this for a few years knows full well that their reputation for honesty, integrity - not to mention the best graphical representation of product - is right up there with Flight1.Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I just purchased (a few days ago) their P-51 Mustang (a great aircraft BTW) and received my key immediately.

I don't know what everyone else has experienced but I have not seen any evidence of a key - not at the time of purchase nor as a result of several e-mails I sent to the company. Shockwave has just not responded.So, you may find that unfair and you are certainly entitled to your own opinion. However, when I click on the B-17 installer it specifically calls for a key that is supposed to be sent to the user once the product is purchased. It is right there on the screen. There is nothing about printing a statement out.BTW - I found no evidence of this problem in the Shockwave forums. The reason I posted here is because I was looking for user responses and not some company line.The bottom line remains the same - I purchased a product I can't use and I believe I have followed a responsible course to obtain a key or a solution to the problem. Right now my only recourse is to cancell my purchase. I've tried contacting the company to no avail.Is that fair - not from my point of view. Is that harsh - I don't think so.fb

Guest Chief1942

Not sure where the breakdown is but I purchased both their P-40 and P-51 and had no issues at all. There was a key involved in some of the purchases I made from Flight 1 but I don't recall any being required for the Shockwave acquisitions. And I have had an occasion to inquire about issues on their forum and got a quick reply right from their folks.I appreciate that you are getting frustrated but hang in there as the add-ons they put out are quality stuff. They are worth whatever hassle you are going through right now and it's almost certain that there is a simple explanation to the problem. And I am not a Shockwave employee. Just one of many satisified customers and one who hates to see other fellow simmers having difficulty with any aspect of this pastime. Best of luck on your purchase.

You are correct about a key not being required if you purchase directly through Shockwave. I checked, and I received an email with a link to the download which was only suppose to be active for 72 hours. Whenever I purchase something like this (or anything I purchase actually) I always make triplicate back-ups of my keys and/or download .exe/zip file for safe keeping.

Guest Nils79

>...The reason I posted here is because I was looking for>user responses and not some company line.Sorry, i thought you want a solution for your problem ;)Perhaps there is something wrong with your email (blacklisted provider or so). That's why it could help, if you register at their forum and ask them...

To reiterate: at the time you entered your Visa/MCard, etc., - you were given an order number. This is the number or key if you wish. It is in the format yyyymmddhhmmss. i.e 20080217122255 = 2008, Feb 17th at 12:22:55. It is generated automatically by your purchase. It cannot "not" be generated.This is the number you paste into the "key" field. This is again repeated in an email which is sent automatically, and triggered by the purchase. This contains the same order no., download url along with the uid and password. If you didn't get that email then there's a problem with your firwall, your a/v software or your ISP. No - I don't work for Shockwave: I just have three of their aircraft purchased over the last year or so, have never had an issue with their purchase system, their forum nor their emailing system.If you keep screen shots of the purchase you have all the info you need. As with all internet purchasing - you MUST take screenshots of everything that occurs, save them to a file and then copy to a CD, then print them off. I would be very sure there's something more going on here, and you're simply not aware of it.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

fbass,Hi, this is Scott from Shockwave. I can't see any emails about a product order not received - it's possible our spam trapper is doing something.If you want, just post what you ordered, when, and the state or country you ordered from here and I'll look through the orders.Scott.

First, there is nothing wrong with my e-mail. I checked with my ISP's mail box where my mail is pulled and there was no message from Shockwave - no trash, no spam, no user mail, nothing.Second, I used my user_ID and password for the Shockwave site and a message told me that my account was inactive. So, I can't get into the forums because the user's e-mail address is linked to any user information such as password and user_ID. Catch 22 don't you know!My only recourse was to send an e-mail to Shockwave via their technical support address. I've sent three messages and they have failed to respond.Regarding the registration key - I appreciate that some people were given a key via their download screen, but I was not. As you can see, at least one other person was not given a key when they purchased a product from Shockwave but received an e-mail from Shockwave. I have not received any messages from Shockwave.So, your experience may be favorable but, as I said, mine has not been.fb

Thank you Scott. Finally, someone to look into this problem. Thanks.I ordered, via credit card purchase, the B-17. I ordered it this past Monday. My state is Alabama USA.Thanks again for checking on this. I apologize if my frustration seaped into these posts. All I really wanted was someone from Shockwave to respond.fb

I thought I would try this again just to see if what I had input to a site selling this B-17 was correct. The following is a direct copy from the order page on the SIMMARKET.COM site. The first part is the order and the second is the download page.*******************************************************Your order has been successfully processed!Please check the INFORMATION BOX in each product description page for detailed delivery information of each item.Depending on the Delivery Method of the product(s) ordered you will:- Direct Download: see a Download Link in your Account- Key Registration: receive an Email containing your Key- CD Delivery: please allow 18 days for delivery.You can view your order information by going to the 'My Account' page and by clicking on 'History'.Please direct any questions you have to the Customer Service Center. Thank You for shopping with us!***********************************************Your Order #: 408441Your Customer ID: 4964Your download should begin shortly. If it does not, click on below link**********LINK REMOVED TO PREVENT SOMEONE ELSE FROM DOWNLOADING THIS PRODUCT**********This download link is only valid for a limited time!As you can readily see - there is no registration key information. I don't know what the folks who said there was a key when you purchased this product are seeing; but neither the Shockwave nor the SIMMARKET.COM sites have a key available at the time of purchase. The indication is that the key is sent via e-mail after purchase.Since this is my second attempt, I am now awaiting a key from Shockwave. We'll see how this one goes.fb

Fbass,BTW, you don't have to apologize. It's extremely frustrating to be a customer and not be acknowledged. I still do not know why we have not received any emails, but I think it's safe to say email between your account and ours in not working for some reason, so lets not even bother with email. Check your PM.Scott.