Sign in to follow this  
Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

I died and have gone to heaven! WOW, WOW, and er..WOW!

Hello all,First off, I now want a new computer. Until today, and having flown a Toronto Approach over Highway 409 into Buttonville Municipal and having taken a test flight starting at Toronto's Civic (Island airport)....I have up until this time, not wanted, didn't need, wasn't in the market to buy, and was going to truly wait out FSXI (ll), and just sit back and fly using my present P4 3.4Ghz.That was then, pre GEXnhanced, pre UTX-USA and Canada. That was then...This is 'now'.-----------------------------------Fellow sim'ers, I am now having the time of my life, flying simulation. To say that FSX in conjunction with UTX's real-world placement and depiction of highways, streets, etc is MAGNIFICENT, is the most ***sorry-sounding understatement*** I could type! To see the Highway 409 to my left, with ALL interchanges (my GAWD!) and their bridge-work...with full traffic animation north and southbound, with actual animated traffic coming onto and off of the interchanges, took my breath away! Nothing prepared me for this view and scene, nor the feeling generated as I approached Buttonville since 1984...that I was actually landing at any one particular airport (with a sense of true realism)...having TRULY flown over the approaching terrain. Not even my most-coveted FS9 can now give me that.I was chunking along at only 7-10 FPS on this particular approach...and I DIDN'T CARE! I didn't care!!!!! I was spending more time rubber-necking than looking at and being perturbed by the FSP counter. Ok..I was chunking somewhat, but I was being too amazed...for what I was seeing...for the believability of it all....and thought; to h*ll with the FPS!!!! I'll now go out and buy another computer system---and ONLY because of what thrilling feeling within my chest, I felt today as I got into the pattern, made my turn to final (OVER THAT GLORIOUS and ALIVE highway system) and on towards the numbers!To h*ll with the FPS read-out. I had full control of the aircraft right to the needing of the brakes. I am ecstatic, folks! Did I chunk with my present older system? Yeah...but was I was in control with no fear of crashing? Yes to that, too!I used to be totally a heavy-iron flyer, but no more! When you can fly over **ANIMATED scenery** (that can't be produced by Tile Proxy, unfortunately) like all real highways, roads, over-passes, etc..as you tour the country and KNOW...absolutely KNOW where the heck you are...is creating a smile from EAR-TO-EAR!!!!!Finally, there is a reason to use FSX over FS9, for specific wants/needs. Finally! If there was a UTX-derivative for FS9 (WITH ANIMATION)..I'd buy USA and Canada in a heartbeat for that sim. Wow, wow, wow.....For those of you that are already running UTX(whatever) and have flown an approach over actual highways, streets, overpasses, interchanges that are alive with traffic...then you can absolutely attest to my sheer delight! For me, this is a first. I love Toronto, and do businesses there as well as recreation. To now fly over this great city's Gardiner Expressway, Don Valley Expressway, The 403, the 409,....and of course the 401...is like dying and going to simulated Heaven! This city, and all the other cities I now fly over Detroit, L.A...all of them have come alive with UTX. The 'burbs and other landscape elements are wonderful!In closing...in buying GEXnhanced and both UTX-USA and UTX-Canada has been the BEST $100.00 dollars spent so far. I'm going to eat some MAJOR CROW HERE for my initial set-up angst comment. With some large help from developers...FSX has turned out to be one h*ll of a simulation. The proper placement and viewing of city superstructures and the animation of FSX is what turned the tide for me as well as GEXnhancer's removing of Cartoonville, hence-the world!To the developers of GEXnhanced, UTX-'X', beta testers, patch writers...all of you...THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I am now flying over real terrain. I can identify every mile of it. THANK YOU! The money spent for the three programs is now irrelevant. The smile on my kisser makes the coin TOTALLY irrelevant...:)Thank YOUBack to my flight....Mitch R.

>Welcome to the fold! Ain't it great?!!!!----------------------------------H*LL **YEAH**!!:)'Give me that animation and highway' Mitch'er

Guest Nick_N

Falcon is a 30 year vet pilot... we love to make them happy. If we get it right for them, we nailed it!

>>Falcon is a 30 year vet pilot... we love to make them happy.>If we get it right for them, we nailed it!Yeah, but now that you did it, there are two more problems you created for us. And Sesquashtoo needs to be aware of them now that he's joined the fold....You need to tear yourself away from FSX and your computer long enough now to:1. Eat2. Sleep:+

Rick Ryan

Guest Nick_N

Not married?ROFL!!!ThAT is ANOTHER FAQ I need to postHow to SIM with HER blessing, .. and stay MARRIED....and have HER let you BUY add-ons without a peep!Later guys... I took a break to see if I could help out around the forums but now I have to get back to the GEXn patch for UTX

That moving traffic does add to the immersion doesn't it!By the way-it will appear on Tileproxy on real roads too!...and if you fly at night you will see the headlights.....and as far as I know traffic changes depending on the time of day (rush hours etc.).A new system running at 35-40 with all the bells and whistles will be the icing!http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

>That moving traffic does add to the immersion doesn't it!>>By the way-it will appear on Tileproxy on real roads too!>>...and if you fly at night you will see the headlights.>....and as far as I know traffic changes depending on the time>of day (rush hours etc.).>>A new system running at 35-40 with all the bells and whistles>will be the icing!>----------------------------------------I am seriously now looking. Before turning off FSX, I threw the sim into DUSK at Toronto near the downtown skyline, and..oh well...its like I'm 12 year's old again, and its Christmas morning..er..around 7:30 am...LOLOLOL. Gifts in our house didn't much stay in the wrapper past that....;) FSX has now 'come out of the wrapping..'Goodnight, all...Mitch

Hehe, I'd say someone's a happy camper! :-jumpy

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

>Not married?>>>ROFL!!!Nope. I keep browsing the "Looking for Singles" websites, but no luck yet. A friend of mine says it might be because of my avatar I use at the sites, but...well...I don't know.....0347adjusted.jpg

Rick Ryan

>I am seriously now looking. Before turning off FSX, I threw>the sim into DUSK at Toronto near the downtown skyline,>and..oh well...its like I'm 12 year's old again, and its>Christmas morning..er..around 7:30 am...LOLOLOL. Gifts in our>house didn't much stay in the wrapper past that....;) FSX has>now 'come out of the wrapping..'I can't agree more Mitch! I am installing a 28" monitor this weekend so I can get more stuff to look at. After updating to GEXen I took a flight at dusk also and was absolutely blown away. It's a pleasure to go low and slow, or even low and fast now.I've always had a blast with FSX but this just put over the top for me.I've followed some of your trials and tribulations and you are on the threshold of some real fun. I had a P4 3.4 and loved it then,now that I've upgraded......I've deleted FS9 from my system - took one last flight and felt like it was stick images compared to FSX.Glad you're having fun!VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.65Evga 680i A1 with P31 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx 169.13 betaKandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Does UTX have any FPS HIT? I HAVE GEX ON MY FSX AND No FPS HIT with GEX?

>Does UTX have any FPS HIT? I HAVE GEX ON MY FSX AND No FPS>HIT with GEX?>With your system specs, you shouldn't notice any. UTX let's you turn on/off the individual "components" of the scenery (there are numerous ones in the list) and gives you a "rough" idea using a slider-bar display (graph-like) of what might slow your FSX down if it is enabled. Almost all of them have zero impact on frame rates, etc. If your QCore is OC'd to 3.0 Ghz, you should have no problems at all. The only thing I see in your system list that might be iffy is the one 80 GB hard drive. If you have plenty of room on it yet, then file access shouldn't slow things down. If it's "loaded" with other stuff and only has 10% - 20% empty space left, that might slow things down a bit (even if it's a Raptor at 10,000rpm).I'm running a C2Duo E6800 at stock 3.0 Ghz (haven't OC'd it yet), 8800GTX 768 Mb, 4 GB DDR 400 RAM, with 2 500 GB 7200 hard drives in Raid 0 (yeah...I just heard NickN slap his forehead about the Raid 0...but I do other stuff on my rig that uses it quite nicely), on WinXP 32-bit OS. The Raid 0 drives still have over 50% "free space", so file access times aren't a problem. The 4 GB memory is overkill for now too, but I got it for the "someday" I might switch to Vista...someday...but not yet. The kicker to all this is I also run all the above on a Matrox TH2G 3-wide monitor setup at 3840 x 1024 resoulution, with a 4th 22" monitor "on the side" for things like FSX Commander, MyTraffic Board, etc. It all runs great with FSX. I rarely go below 20 fps in VERY DENSE scenery areas like major airports with lots of AI. In other areas, I easily get over 60 fps using UTX, GENx, FEX, and a few other things (which is really overkill anyhow...if your monitor refresh rate is set at 60Hz, you aren't gonna get more than 60 "frames per second" drawn per second on your display anyhow. I gotta laugh at folks who claim things like, "I'm getting 100 FPS on my computer!". Cool. But at 60Hz monitor refresh rate, they ain't seeing 40 of them). The key is keeping the system maintained...user maintenance is a must on any computer if you want it to keep running well. Registry cleans done at least once a week, defrags, anti-spyware runs, malware runs, etc. Take care of your computer and it will take care of you.You should be fine with your system specs.Rick

Rick Ryan