Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

XP Pro (all XP's in fact) are being PULLED from the shelves!!!!

I wanted to get another copy for my son, and just called the store where I purchased my copy early this morning.I was STUNNED to find out that they have been given a call to totally ***REMOVE*** ALL COPIES OF THE XP OPERATING SYSTEM AND TO BE SHIPPED BACK TO MICROSOFT. The space is only to be for Vista.If ANYBODY wants to grab a copy, I suggest you make a move immediately from off a web site, or local store.MS this time is shoving Vista down the throat. Obviously, they are scared that it will be a bomb like ME.If you want one (any edition of XP), you'd better act fast. Nobody told me at the store they were removing their stock off of the shelf. I must have just grabbed my copy before they got around to it, or before they were ordered by MS to do so.Sesquash

Because it is the LAST of the non-big-brother-intrusive-without-my consent wonderful and stable O.S.'s and months from now, will be seen as 'I SHOULD of got my copy when I had the chance'-operating system by many, many, did I mention. er..many persons in retrospect.They are evaporating off of the shelves and the web as I type.Gold, is always...er...rare....lol.Cheers!I can laugh, for I made my move this morning as did a few others that were standing in line.....Sesquash

Guest wyoming

get a wife of your own choosing when everybody in the families will be perfectly happy with the one they chose for you? You'll see, with time you'll be happy too. This whole autonomy and freedom thing is vastly over-rated.

Guest emkramer

You're a crazy person.

Thanks Bob,I just came off of a coastal flight and saw your post. Went to the site and downloaded what interested me.Thanks for the head's-up.Mitch R.

Software distribution agreements always guarantee free upgrades to the latest version for all product that distributors have in stock.The distributors insist on this so that they are not left holding out-of-date stock.Microsoft probably does not want it all back, but they are obliged to take it and exchange it for the latest version.So, this is most likely just normal procedure at the end of the product cycle for all Microsoft products. Nothing to get alarmed about.There will always be many discount distributors who will have XP in a dusty warehouse for many years to come.Best regards.Luis

But have you seen Microsoft Bob on the shelf from time to time? :)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Here is a screen saver from that site, that I found remarkably appropriate to this thread. :) :http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...BlueScreen.mspxRhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Because it is the LAST of the>non-big-brother-intrusive-without-my consent wonderful and>stable O.S.'s and months from now, will be seen as 'I SHOULD>of got my copy when I had the chance'-operating system by>many, many, did I mention. er..many persons in retrospect.>>They are evaporating off of the shelves and the web as I>type.>>Gold, is always...er...rare....lol.>>Cheers!>>I can laugh, for I made my move this morning as did a few>others that were standing in line.....>>>Sesquash>>Watch out for the black helicopters hovering above CompUSA. I think I saw Bill Gates in one of them.

Guest Bob Z

NahBill Gates was just on Jon Stewart's show plugging Vista.

Guest Kev_Is_Soaked

Why rush to buy XP now?!?!?! They may be pulled from major retailers shelves right now.... but those have to go somewhere don't they?Wait a few months... once people start getting Vista, you will see XP prices drop dramatically on web sites and discount computer stores.... #### I even heard that McDonalds are going to give some away in their happy meals.

Guest iwantmydc3

>I wanted to get another copy for my son, and just called the>store where I purchased my copy early this morning.>>I was STUNNED to find out that they have been given a call to>totally ***REMOVE*** ALL COPIES OF THE XP OPERATING SYSTEM AND>TO BE SHIPPED BACK TO MICROSOFT. The space is only to be for>Vista.>>If ANYBODY wants to grab a copy, I suggest you make a move>immediately from off a web site, or local store.>>MS this time is shoving Vista down the throat. Obviously, they>are scared that it will be a bomb like ME.>>If you want one (any edition of XP), you'd better act fast. >Nobody told me at the store they were removing their stock off>of the shelf. I must have just grabbed my copy before they>got around to it, or before they were ordered by MS to do so.>>SesquashOY, this is a load of crap. Microsoft will support XP until 2009. If MS really requested XP stock returned, it's because they want to have Vista only on the shelves, but I highly doubt they would do that until maybe the middle of next year. There still is a market for it and the full version is like $289, why would they shut off that revenue early? You're just trying to start panic, or are gullible to a joke the guy at the store had at your expense. Take a minute and think about it.