Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tarasdad

Dear ACES, please fix the ATC bug

I know this has been mentioned before, and there's nothing worse than ATC canceling your IFR clearance because you cannot respond via the text windowThank you for looking into it, http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/185490.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I think that's one of those things that is a "feature" (by design) rather than a "bug".You probably already know the workaround. I wish there was an option to change this inconvenient "feature", because the workaround (not contacting ATC for periods of time) is not that realistic either.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Click on the ATC Window to restore keyboard focus.Now reply.Done.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Click on the ATC Window to restore keyboard focus.>>Now reply.>>Done.It's not THAT easy...: there are no replies to click on!!! That's the problem!AFAIK this problem only occurs when you do NOT automatically let the ATC window popup. Most simple solution is to turn that option on. Unless you already had that on, of course... I'd personally like to keep that menu hidden as much and often as I can, but I have enabled automatic popping up because I had this problem too often...

ACES have stated that there will be no more fixes for FSX.

>Click on the ATC Window to restore keyboard focus.>>Now reply.Needing to "restore focus" to the ATC window to use it is, IMHO, one of the WORST changes from FS9 to FSX and I sure hope they do away with that requirement the next time around. Keep it live all the time! Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - 169.28's Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Guest Iceberg

You could open the radio stack window (Shift+2) and change the ATC frequency to anything. Switch it to active and then open the ATC window again. There should be an option to tune in the closest controlling center. Not a fix, but a workaround.--James

never seen that in something like a thousand hours of using FSX (and most of that using its ATC).so whatever it is it's not a common problem.

It happens here once in awhile either the mouse or the keyboard doesnt respond to it. One always works if the other doesn't but the one the gets me is when you acknowledge the instruction or handoff and your waiting for your next set of vectors and waiting and waiting and all of a sudden you get "radar service terminated, frequency change approved" for no reason what so ever.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

lol, I do believe it is a common problem, there are numerous threads here and if you google "ATC window problem" you get a lot of stuff...I don't know if it's system related, driver related, programming related ....etc etcI don't get it all the time, but it is annoying.And clicking on the window doesn't work....closing it with the mouse and re-opening it doesn't work either.It would be more annoying if I had to enable "auto-open ATC window" or whatever. I'm glad they made the option to not have it pop up, but now we have this issue....*sigh*There are still bugs that unfortunately were overlooked. Maybe someone can figure out why it does this.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>lol, I do believe it is a common problem, there are numerous>threads here and if you google "ATC window problem" you get a>lot of stuff...>I've never seen it either. (!!)You can tell by my earlier response, I thought you were talking about the issue of ATC cancelling your IFR flight plan if you don't respond right away. But instead, you were talking about some window focus error or something I have never encountered!! That would be strange to see no menu choices...I wonder what set of configs spawns THIS little problem?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>>But instead, you were talking about some window focus error or>something I have never encountered!! That would be strange to>see no menu choices...>>I wonder what set of configs spawns THIS little problem?>>RhettYes, correct, I'm talking about ZERO menu choices....ATC is like "hey, copy that???....uuhhh, hey...are you home?"And I say "yeah, ummm, hey, I wish I could respond but I can't, there's no options" HEHE!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Guest bluesky21

The built-in ATC in general manages to do enough damage even without bugs, though most of it is quite humorous.For example, try flying to MGGT (La Auora Intl, Guatemala). Fly down from the north and set the visibility to low. This will open up the ILS approach at the south end of the airport. You will notice that there are two mountains side by side. You will also notice that after reaching 8,000 feet, ATC will direct you to climb to FL190. This is because they would rather vector you right over the freaking mountain instead of simply going around! It's a pretty steep approach, but I managed to make it in a 737, though I ended up turning off the last taxiway with reverse thrust still going.A similar incident happened when I was trying to land at Hong Kong. The automated ATC lady taking care of me vectored me in so that I was at 10,000 feet only five miles away from the runway I was heading for. I called a missed approach and she did it again.

It has happened to me as well, and manual tuning the com did nothing, it would tune into the frequency, but no options appeared. I had to reload the flight when it happened.D - -

Guest RonB49

It has happened to me once or twice. Each time, I closed the ATC window and then changed the COM1 frequency. The ATC window immediately opened and told me to change frequency (back to what it was before) and when I did that, my options returned and I was able to respond. I don't know why it happens but it is definitely different than the ATC window simply losing focus.R-