Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tarasdad

Dear ACES, please fix the ATC bug

yes, sometimes (though rarely) it doesn't get focus, but I've never seen it pop up without any options to choose...

Guest UlfB

Oh no :-( No more bugfixes, please.Ulf B

An even quicker way, available on *some* aircraft:On those aircraft that have a button on the radio to swap two NAV frequencies, just click that button twice. The first click will bring up the options for changing the frequency (restoring the ATC window to a usable state), but since you already are pointing at that button you can as well click again to get back to the old frequency.Anyway, you don't need to open or close the ATC window regardless whether you swap the frequency, or "manually" dial it in.Again, people should not confuse this bug with the "normal" behavior to cancel IFR flights if ATC calls aren't answered. The real bug lies in loosing the *ability* to answer due to NO options being offered at all, as shown in the screenshot.Is it possible that this bug only affects localised versions of FSX (such as my german one, which has an ATC window in german)? This could explain why many folks are not having this problem. (It is also not hard to imagine that everyone at ACES *may* be using the same language version - that could be one of the non-affected ones...?)

Nope; I have this irritating problem once in a while. My method of getting 'round it - after atc cancels the ifr - is/was to reopen the flight plan. I haven't had the occasion to try the frequency-swapping solution.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

What I am able to do when restoring the options list that disappears is just close the ATC window, wait a couple seconds and reopen the ATC window.When the ATC window opens all my option numbers are listed allowing me to once again communicate.

OK I can't say I've tried that...I've done that, except I don't wait x seconds, I just close and reopen it. Next time I'll wait a few...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>For example, try flying to MGGT (La Auora Intl, Guatemala). >Fly down from the north and set the visibility to low. This>will open up the ILS approach at the south end of the airport.> You will notice that there are two mountains side by side. >You will also notice that after reaching 8,000 feet, ATC will>direct you to climb to FL190. This is because they would>rather vector you right over the freaking mountain instead of>simply going around! It's a pretty steep approach, but I>managed to make it in a 737, though I ended up turning off the>last taxiway with reverse thrust still going.>Ah, MGGTYou do know that you can get much more realistic approaches in FSX by DECLINING the hand-holding approach that ATC gives you?It sounds like you were vectored into a straight-in approach to RWY 01 at La Aurora. This appears to not be done that often by a large aircraft there. I'm still studying MGGT ops though.Instead at MGGT you might consider DECLINING fsx's ATC instructions, and instead try the ARC/DME approach into rwy 01 at La Aurora. If you do this approach, the mountains are not an issue (as long as you stay on the approach path) :)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I have never seen this bug-but I had a new one last night. The voices stopped working sometimes-e.g. I didn't get my clearance from the tower, and could not repeat it. Yet on a sporadic basis-I did get atc and other traffic voices. Strange....http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

I have had this problem 2 out of every 3 ATC flights. Yesterday flew 3 hours and as I started my descent phase the options disappeared exactly as indicated in the screenshot. I have not tried the switching frequency workaround. About to head off from Heathrow to Moscow so I will give it a try.Andrew

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest Tarasdad

Well, it would have been nice if they'd used the Acceleration pack as an opportunity to fix some of the more glaring bugs. The didn't, and now those bugs will never be fixed at all.My experience in the game software industry was that fixing bugs is the primary job of the developer UNTIL the next version of the software is actually released. Guess Aces has a different idea.

This junk is STILL happening all the time....Restoring focus doesn't workClosing and waiting a few seconds to reopen it doesn't workThe only lame fix that worked was to swap freqs and then go back

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest RonB49

>This junk is STILL happening all the time....Ryan, something just isn't right. As I stated above, it has only happened to me a couple of times and I fly FSX every day using the default ATC. So it must be your system.Do you have more than one audio circuit (USB, on-board, separate card(s), etc.)? If so, have you tried moving the ATC to a different card?Do you use multiple monitors? If so, then have you moved the ATC window to a different monitor? I mention this because I have problems (mostly focus) if the ATC window is not on the same screen as the main instrument panel.There must be something that is causing this on your system!R-

It's not his system. It happens on mine too. It is a bug within FSX.

Ryanbatcund ,Just out of curiosity what are your traffic settings?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest byoungblood

It has happened a couple of times on my end as well. Most of the time when this happens it is when I get the infamous "change radio frequencies every 30 seconds" bug (I'm sorry, its a "feature") going full tilt. I'll change frequencies and then all the options just blank out. Once I wasn't even able to restore the options by switching frequencies. It would bring up the "tune to xxx approach on xxx.xx", I'd select that, then the ATC window would STILL be blank.I don't use the built in ATC much anymore, so I don't really worry about it.