Sign in to follow this  
Guest EdrickV

Possible to use payware/freeware aircraft as static placements...?

Is it possible to use payware/freeware aircraft as static placements at an airport/airstrip?What I'd like to be able to do is decide upon a 'home-base' location and then, with suitable tools, place static aircraft there (from my payware/freeware 'fleet'), all nicely lined up or parked near the runway so I can walk around my collection.Even better would be to start a flight from the real model at it's parked location. Or, even better, to be able to jump into each aircraft from where they are parked...Any developers out there or existing developments allow me to do anything approaching this...?

I think its possible to do that technically (I don't know how).As long as you bought the payware you could use it as such.But I am not sure if you could use that as a scenery object and load it as a freeware. I wish we could do that. But payware vendors may not like the idea. I would think its a form of advertisement for them. :)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest SkullxBones

Your frame rates will drop like a rock when you start adding lots of high quality static models.

Guest EdrickV

What is possible (assuming you've got the Deluxe version with the SDK installed) is to add aircraft with custom flights that would not happen very often and would be at times you wouldn't likely be at that airport. The trick is that many aircraft may be too high detail to use this way. (Especially payware.) AI models tend to work better. Here's a little something I setup in FS2004 at Pinal Air Park:http://members.aol.com/edrickv/PinalAirPark.jpgIn real life Pinal Air Park has been used to store a lot of commercial airliners. (Especially after 9/11.) Many planes sent there have ended up being scrapped, though I think . (Like the Beechcraft Starships.) Note that the majority of the aircraft I used for this were AI models. Once a week at 07:00 Zulu time all those aircraft would try to takeoff, fly the pattern, land and park, wait till 07:30, takeoff again, fly the pattern, land, and wait till next week. In practice it didn't work out that way, but then the fact is I wouldn't expect to see that during regular flying. (Only saw it during testing when I deliberately set the time and date so I could watch the spectacle.) For more info and pics you can look for Pinal Air Park on airliners.net. I used pics from that site in setting up my own boneyard.Davis Monthan AFB is the military version of Pinal Air Park, and from the Pima Air and Space Museum you can get on a bus tour through some of the boneyard."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."