Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

On UTX-USA, I can't deactivate the street-light night lighting.

Using the UTX-USA set-up tool, I can NOT deactivate the street lighting, but can on intersections if I want. I do want intersections, but not street lighting. On UTX-Canada, I can deactivate the street lighting. Any suggestions as to what is wrong?I upgraded UTX-USA to 1.2.0bThanksMitch

Guest Nick_N

>Using the UTX-USA set-up tool, I can NOT deactivate the>street lighting, but can on intersections if I want. I do want>intersections, but not street lighting. On UTX-Canada, I can>deactivate the street lighting. Any suggestions as to what is>wrong?>>I upgraded UTX-USA to 1.2.0b>>Thanks>>MitchHey Mitch.. I think they covered this issue in the UTX support forumhttp://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=25238follow that post and the link Jeff providedIf that does not help... please ask over there and they will get on it for you! http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=19Those guys wont let you down

Oh...alright!Thank you.Nick, I need to ask this question, and please bear with me...If you do know, how was UTX-X created? More specifically...since having installed the program, I am flying over VIRTUAL TORONTO, Canada! All of the actual geographical landmarks are there, Nick. Why today, I flew over the Rouge River Valley, including the river and creek that flow at the bottom...but before UTX, it was only canned terrain.I am having the VFR time of my life...and really, (never mind the hyperbole)..truly, really feel now that I am flying over the REAL Toronto and surrounding area. Another instance. My sister married a Canadian and has a wonderful place on Stony Lake in the Kawarthas. I simply can't believe it, but that lake is now represented as are a lot of bodies of water that were never in the FSX Pro database. I'm utterly blown away, with what has happened to FSX in general. I wouldn't now trade my FSX-flying experience for the world at present. What a blast I'm having. So again, what was used to created the FSX UTX series of programs?Mitch

Nick, that did the trick...reading on the forum.Thank you!You use the 'Prepare for Update' option, and then after that is finished, you use the key sequence CTRL-ALT-R and that will bring up a screen asking if you wish to remove duplicate files.I pressed yes..and that was cleaned right up with the problem going away. I understand that when I first uninstalled the program and then asked for that refund, there were still files left behind. I then smartened up (LOL) and reinstalled UTX-USA and THAT is when duplicate files were installed.It seems that the UNINSTALL option doesn't actually remove all UTX files from your FSX folder. You must hunt some of them down for manual removal.Cheers!Mitch