Sign in to follow this  
Guest JacobKoziarz

HELP !!! 747 main landing gear lifts off before nose gear ???

Guest JacobKoziarz

I cannot solve this really annoying problem - usually with less than 30% fuel for short flights - I'll let the plane just take off on its own without the roll (it's nice to watch)- of course nose is going to lift first. Well, lately the main gear will take off first while nose is still down - even on landing - the main gear will stay up in the air when I touch down. I've tried restarting with deleted fsx.cfg (rebuilding), reinstalling with cleared registry - everything I can think of - it's still happening.I have 10% in Left, Right, Center, Center2 with 100% in all other tanks - it never caused any center of gravity problems before - now it seems like all the fuel is in the nose - although even this would not explain main gear up on touch down.Any ideas ???

Guest UlfB

Hi,You take of with, lets say flaps 10? And you do rotate before reaching V2?You land with full flaps? And you make a flare before touch down?Ulf B

Guest JacobKoziarz

I'll apply full flaps on take off and won't rotate at all - with 20-30% fuel, 747 will usually nicely lift off on its own without the roll (I only do this for visual pleasure). And will land with full flaps and flare.I've never observed this backward behaviour before - and I'm just wondering why it's happening more and more all of a sudden. I've read about surface contact problems with some addons, but this is all stock FSX - no addons.In fact, I'm getting a lot of weird hiccups lately - blank dark plane display window in free flight, blank dark nothingness after loading are other examples. I could understand these after rounds and rounds of installing and removing addons etc. but this is a fresh reinstall with a fresh fsx.cfg rebuild and it is bound to happen sooner or later.Maybe it's a Vista 64 bit related ? No DX10 preview though...Weird...It's working now - but what would cause it behave differently sometimes I wonder - why would the main gear lift before nose and sometimes just stay up in the air on landing ?...

Guest UlfB

Set your elevator trim before take off! If not set correctly the aircraft will definitely not behave correctly.I think there is an option to run FSX in a demo mode (kiosk) and I think that aircraft will fly correct in this mode without any user interaction att all.Ulf B

Guest JacobKoziarz

This actually sounds like the reason !!! Thanks a lot. I could not guess that one !!!

Guest JacobKoziarz

I just confirmed you're correct ! Wow - nice call ! Now with 20-20 hindsight it makes perfect sense - turn trim down all the way down and start take off sequence - try it - it now makes me wonder if such thing is even possible in real world - nose down - #### all the way up ! bizarre to say the least and i've never seen a pic of anything like it taken in the real world...haahhaha i gotta post this on youtube !!!

There are real world aircraft which are designed for the tail to lift the real of the aircraft before the wings lift the main body and the nose gear comes off the ground last.The B-52 is the most widely seen of those aircraft.

Guest JacobKoziarz

OK - this one's more complicated than I thought - now it keeps happenning even though trim is at 0.0 degrees.Now just sitting on the runway - as soon as I reduce fuel (doing this before loading makes no difference) - the main gear goes up and makes no contact with ground - trim has no effect on it - I noticed the same with airport vehicles - for a fraction of a second they will sink and recover.Seems to be only 747 too.