Sign in to follow this  
raynuss

dll.xml

I'm trying to configure the dll.xml so that the different tools available within the SDK are available in the sim. I've changed the lines True to False for each of the tools, but nothing shows up in the simulator. There is no Tools menu showing. I have FSUIPC installed and it shows up under Addons but that is all that's there. I have both Service packs and both SDK updates installed. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Guest ziporama

The default behavior for FSX is not to give any errors for items loaded either with dll.xml or exe.xml - and the two issues I've encountered (outside of a malformed xml file) have to do with the dll file not found, or a dependent DLL not found.Are you specifying the full path to the dll files in the block?You can see load errors if you enable the simconnect console (see SDK docs).If you get a dependency error (the dll loads fine, but a dependent dll cannot be found), use a tool called dependency walker (google it) to see what files are missing and relocate them in the same folder as the dll you're trying to load (not a great solution, but works for a test).Hope this helps,Etienne

I tried putting the full path to the dll files in, but that didn't solve anything. I try enabling the simconnect console as you suggest. Thanks

Guest SkullxBones

Here is an example of the path. Traffic ToolboxFalseFalse..Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dll

Guest firehawk44

"There is no Tools menu showing."I have nothing in the menu bar either but I believe the info can be found when you right click FSX once FSX has started. Jim

I figured out what the problem was. It all stemmed from not installing in the default location. I ran ConfigSDK.exe, located in the SDK folder, and it fixed everything. I now have a Tools Menu with all the SDK tools options available. :)