Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nick_N

Did you say "Real" taxiways and tarmacs??

Guest Stephen L

Yes, there is some very nice stuff happening :-cool Steve

Guest bill0317a

David Thank you for the link. I am SOOOOO :) looking forward to this add-on being released.It looks like it will take FSX to a new level.Bill

Guest Mike707

Things are really shaping up very nicely for FSX in terms of extremely high quality third party addons for visuals. I am very much looking forward to this, as well as the March 5th release of Full Terrain (FTX). In my humble opinion, FS9 is going to look even more dated.

>How close is this work to the FS9 airport style tarmacs and>taxiways?Phil, I wasn't sure if it was a rhetorical question, but I found the screenies a tad grainy, good but grainy.I have subsequently found this screenie that seems to be of a much higher resolution and is worth a look...http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=1058.0Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBCH Throttle Quadrant USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32My FSEconomy Grouphttp://www.freewebs.com/sasflying/index.htm

I really admire what this guy is doing!!Keep up the good work Tim :--)http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=269778&page=

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Nick_N

Missed this one!GREAT to see some new looks around.. looks like this is going to be a good year for FSX facelifts

Guest koorby

>>How close is this work to the FS9 airport style tarmacs and>>taxiways?>>Phil, I wasn't sure if it was a rhetorical question, but I>found the screenies a tad grainy, good but grainy.>>I have subsequently found this screenie that seems to be of a>much higher resolution and is worth a look...>>http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=1058.0>>Cheers,>>Chris PorterChris, I believe Phil was referring to REX airport replacement textures, not FTX. Sorry folks for Chris's enthusiasm there :)

Are these replacements for the default runway, taxiway and apron textures - like what Chris Arrington used to do with AEU?Rather than using a unique texture for an airport ramp to replace the default texture placed by the AFD file?A unique texture for a taxiway at one airport, not used anywhere else on that airport or any other airport worldwide?If they are default texture replacements - they look very, very good.

They will be default texture replacements for any airport worldwide.REX hasn't been released yet :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

>How close is this work to the FS9 airport style tarmacs and>taxiways?It doesn't matter how close it is because it replaces all. The closest analogy is if we got a texture replacement for 747 wings which applies to all default and addon 747s. PMDG & co would love to have their wings replaced by other devs I'm sure.Its a joke along the lines of who will ever need then 640KB.

>>Phil, I wasn't sure if it was a rhetorical question, but I>>found the screenies a tad grainy, good but grainy.>>>>I have subsequently found this screenie that seems to be of>a>>much higher resolution and is worth a look...>>>>http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=1058.0>>>>Cheers,>>>>Chris Porter>>Chris, I believe Phil was referring to REX airport replacement>textures, not FTX. Sorry folks for Chris's enthusiasm there>:)Cheers and thanks mate...Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Guest Bonkey

They are just default texture replacements. Very good ones. They'll probably look less impressive in the distance because the microsoft AFD Taxiways & runways are tiled very tightly so repetitive patterns appear in the distance. This is probably what he is hiding with the wide angle screen shots. Its also the reason the default FSX textures are so low constast & bland; if they get too detailed the horrible tiled patterns appear.They are not a subtable replacement for 3rd party airport addons where aprons & taxiways are created with 3D Studio Max. Max can control the tiling, control the UVs, control blending with grass, Curve the UVs around curved taxiways etc. Max gives infinite control & can always look good. Default textures can look good close up, but will always look goofy in many other areas where the texture flow isn't in-line with the natural taxiway geometry.