Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

Color-Banding Effect Through Prop Radius from VC

Guest GabeThePilot

Anyone else suffer this problem with certain single-prop planes ?I have no real problem with default or Eaglesoft, but the RealAir American Champion aircraft are really bad.Any idea how to improve it or get rid completely.Unfortunately it's impossible to show an image as screenshots pause the engine and then there is no banding !Cheers in advance

Guest fsxmissionguy

10 seconds of video using fraps says 1,000 words.

Guest GabeThePilot

Yes I know but first I was told not to send files larger than 2MB...the last 30 seconds of FRAPS I shot was like 800MB !I have found another app that makes small AVi files and may post some on photobucket and direct him there...as it's putting me off getting their new Spitfire and upcoming Beechcraft B60...I hope it can be fixed.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Here's what I would recommend:Take 10 seconds of video with Fraps.Open up Windows MovieMaker 2 and drop this 10 seconds in.Export that movie as a Windows Media Video. This substantially reduces the size of the file from the default .avi format.Then, upload it to YouTube (or SimTube even. There's a link to SimTube at the top of this page.)Works pretty well, and doesn't take that long. It's a shame that you can't embed the YouTube or SimTube video player in a forum comment at AVSIM, but in your post, you can provide a direct link to the video.Cheers,Kevin