Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Cockpit Lighting

Guest chinga

Hey folks...question...is there anyway to turn off the "Dome Light" in the vc of default aircraft and just have the gauges lit up? I tried telling the sim to use the daytime panel at nite thru the panel.cfg but no go. When flying at nite the cockpit is just way to bright...imhoIntel E6700 @ 3.8ghz2 gig Corsair Pc2-8500 @ 1066mhzEvga 680i nVidia motherboardEvga 7950GT 512 mb 163.44 Drivers2 74gig WD 10,000 rpm Raptors Raid 0Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower PsuAcer 22" Widescreen LCD

Guest chinga

Hmmmm....Shift+L turns everything off...total black cockpitIntel E6700 @ 3.8ghz2 gig Corsair Pc2-8500 @ 1066mhzEvga 680i nVidia motherboardEvga 7950GT 512 mb 163.44 Drivers2 74gig WD 10,000 rpm Raptors Raid 0Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower PsuAcer 22" Widescreen LCD

All lights are turned on/off with just the L key. Shift+L turns panel lights on/off and Ctrl+L turns landing lights on/off..Strobe lights are turned on/off with the O key.

Guest chinga

I looked in the FSX keyboard assignment page and that is how i have it. But when in game...if i hit Shift+L...all lights go out(as if i hit just L) it's almost like its not recognizing i hit shift first.Intel E6700 @ 3.8ghz2 gig Corsair Pc2-8500 @ 1066mhzEvga 680i nVidia motherboardEvga 7950GT 512 mb 163.44 Drivers2 74gig WD 10,000 rpm Raptors Raid 0Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower PsuAcer 22" Widescreen LCD

isnt shift+L both keys at the same time? not shift first, both at the same time.if you are letting go of the shift key, you are only hitting the L key and everything is operating as expected.

Guest chinga

Phil...i am hitting both keys same time...still turns everything off/on.I'm sooooooo confuuuuuused....lolIntel E6700 @ 3.8ghz2 gig Corsair Pc2-8500 @ 1066mhzEvga 680i nVidia motherboardEvga 7950GT 512 mb 163.44 Drivers2 74gig WD 10,000 rpm Raptors Raid 0Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower PsuAcer 22" Widescreen LCD

Guest chinga

Ok...what i'm realising is that there is no way to have just the gauges illuminated without any other form of light in the vc being on also. I remember uncommenting the lines in the aircraft.cfg that Acceleration put in to restore functionality of turning lights on during the day. What this did was make the vc at night way to bright. So...putting the .cfgs back the way they were made the vc lighting less bright like pre-Acceleration. The gauge lights are hooked into the panel light system correct?So i guess what i'm looking for is a way to have a dark panel..but glowing gauges..just like in your car.Intel E6700 @ 3.8ghz2 gig Corsair Pc2-8500 @ 1066mhzEvga 680i nVidia motherboardEvga 7950GT 512 mb 163.44 Drivers2 74gig WD 10,000 rpm Raptors Raid 0Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower PsuAcer 22" Widescreen LCD

>So i guess what i'm looking for is a way to have a dark>panel..but glowing gauges..just like in your car.That must be done by the modeler IN the model. Some models simply weren't done using the emissive backlighting technique... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>>So i guess what i'm looking for is a way to have a dark>>panel..but glowing gauges..just like in your car.>>That must be done by the modeler IN the model. Some models>simply weren't done using the emissive backlighting>technique... :(>And that unfortunately must include the default Lear 45, so the question begs: how can we tone down the VC lighting so we can see (and quit getting a retinal tan in the process :()? I have commented out the lines in the aircraft.cfg to negate the SP2 changes, but things are still WAY too bright. I tried using lighting values from the FS9 Lear, to no avail.Are there any VC lighting gurus who would be willing to take a moment and point us in the right direction?? Please? Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - 169.28's Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

I have the Flight One Cessna 172R and this fix works on this plane to get rid of " Dome light ". I don't know if other aircraft have the same settings.Look in the FSX default C172's aircraft.cfg file for theselines:[LIGHTS]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit,5=landing 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo 10=cabinlight.0 = 3, -2.76, -18.11, 2.97, fx_navredlight.1 = 3, -2.78, 18.11, 2.95, fx_navgrelight.2 = 2, -3.13, -18.31, 2.95, fx_strobelight.3 = 2, -3.11, 18.31, 2.95, fx_strobelight.4 = 1, -20.51, 0.00, 6.20, fx_beaconlight.5 = 6, -2.27, 0.00, 1.45, fx_vclightNote that the last entry is for "fx_vclight" andthat it assigned to type #6 taxi (which is itself quitebizzare!).In any case, all you need to do is comment out that linethusly to get rid of the "overhead flood light"//light.5 = 6, -2.27, 0.00, 1.45, fx_vclight // disabledtemporarilyKinda sucks you can't turn it on and off in game especially when you are already in the glide slope and can't remember where in the cab you set that beer down :(

>>That must be done by the modeler IN the model. Some models>>simply weren't done using the emissive backlighting>>technique... :(>>And that unfortunately must include the default Lear 45, so>the question begs: how can we tone down the VC lighting so we>can see (and quit getting a retinal tan in the process :()? I>have commented out the lines in the aircraft.cfg to negate the>SP2 changes, but things are still WAY too bright. I tried>using lighting values from the FS9 Lear, to no avail.>>Are there any VC lighting gurus who would be willing to take a>moment and point us in the right direction?? Please? Kendall, just who do you think wrote this reply? If you want to read up on the entire topic of VC Lighting, you need look no further than the paper I wrote for ACES and which they published at http://www.fsinsider.com/developers/Pages/...veTextures.aspx :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest chinga

Bill....how much CASH would it take for you to fix this...:)Seriously, if by some chance if someone like me could learn the in's and out's of panel and gauge design...could this be fixed in the existing FSX models for personal use?Intel E6700 @ 3.8ghz2 gig Corsair Pc2-8500 @ 1066mhzEvga 680i nVidia motherboardEvga 7950GT 512 mb 163.44 Drivers2 74gig WD 10,000 rpm Raptors Raid 0Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower PsuAcer 22" Widescreen LCD

I have the FSD International Saratoga II for FSX and the lighting works correctly. They have a Cabin light switch. I can have it on or off in the VC too.Why can't other aircraft developers do the same thing?